Sophia bush partner
Brooke Davenport, Beauty & Grace
2020.06.14 20:36 PlayboyWonderful Brooke Davenport, Beauty & Grace
General Information Full Name:
Brooke Elizabeth Davenport Age:
November 8th, 2002 Hometown:
Dallas, Texas Sexuality:
Bisexual Theme: "Bitch" - Plastiscines
Bruce Davenport (Father, 44)
Aphrodite (Godrent, ???)
|Title ||Name ||Age |
|Father ||Bruce Davenport ||44 |
|Godrent ||Aphrodite ||??? |
Appearance Faceclaim: Sophia Bush
(1 2 3
"Excuse me?" Clothing:
Although she loves designer clothing, Brooke realizes camp probably isn't the place for that. Her camp attire consists of a T-shirt, jean shorts, and a pair of sneaker. She sometimes wears necklaces or bracelets along with it as well. Accessories: Voice
Personality, Hobbies, Fears etc. Personality
- Brooke is known to be a blunt, which comes of as mean to many people. She can be an unpleasant person to talk to when you first meet her, as she is sometimes insensitive and a little rude. She's known to be a bit judgmental, which is ironic considering she's also a little self-conscious. When she's in the mood, she can easily lighten up the room, she enjoys making jokes, something not many people get to see. A bit of whiner the girl is, seems to always be complaining about something. She's a handful but really cares for the small number of people in her life.
Fears Flaws Flaw:
- Figure Skating/Ice Dancing
- Roller Blading
She is a young woman of emotions and often lets these control her mind and cloud her judgment.
Powers, Skills, Weapons Powers
- Amokinesis- Ability to increase the already existing emotions of love, passion, and desire in others. The power increases and decreases with her own emotions, the more emotional she is, the stronger it is.
- Enhanced Vision- Brooke's vision allows her to spot minor details in things such as fabrics coming apart in clothes or errors in makeup
- Chlorokinesis (Floral)- Brooke can manipulate the growth of flowering plants (roses, daisies etc.), the limit of their growth depending on the plant as well as grow them.
- Figure Skating
- Fluent in French
- Celestial Bronze Xiphos disguised as a hair pin
Brooke was born in Dallas, Texas to Bruce Davenport, an "Adult Films" star. She was a straight A student (with extremely good cheating of course because who has time for studying) and surrounded herself with people who adored her. She had lots of flings with boys, but never settled for a long term relationship with anyone. Bruce's career led to some teasing from other students causing her to hate his career. She'd always suggest he get a new one but he loved it and wouldn't quit. Due to his career her father wasn't always around and she was mostly raised by maids around the house and often experienced loneliness. In order to overcome this loneliness, she took up Figure Skating as initially as a hobby but she eventually started to take it more seriously. She was introduced to a young boy who appointed as her partner, she didn't like him very much at first but they soon become best friends. Brooke quickly grew in skill and was able to gain number of fans throughout the junior division due to winning 3 small time ice dancing competitions along with her partner.
At the age of 15, she met an assistant teacher that walked around on crutches. Brooked helped him out with a lot of things so he considered Brooke a friend. Sadly, Bruce moved them back to another school when she was 16 before he could confirm whether she was a demigod or not. The next year were spent going from place to place, him trying to catch up with Brooke so he could keep an eye on her. It wasn't until she was attacked by a monster that the satyr's suspicions were confirmed. Brooke was practically useless during the fight, but Harken (the satyr) was able to fend it off long enough for her to run. Once he caught up with her, he explained everything before tending to their wounds. He made sure Brooke got safely home to her father before explaining everything again. Bruce was already aware of Brooke's Godly parent but delayed telling her about camp, afraid that she would choose to be a year-round camper. Bruce was eventually convinced to let Brooke go to Camp Half-Blood. The trip to camp was full of monster attacks, now that they had picked up on her scent. Right before reaching the entrance, a monster showed up and attacked them again, just like it had prior. Brooke did her best in the fight, but ultimately Harken ended up saving her again by giving up his life.
"Gods..." Brooke had trudged out of her cabin having recently gotten settled in. She takes a seat in front of the structure, letting out a huge sigh. She missed home already, it may not have all been amazingly great but it was still better than being in some camp with a bunch of strangers.
submitted by PlayboyWonderful
to DemigodFiles [link] [comments]
2019.07.06 15:00 s810 Old Austin Tales: Cedar Choppers & The Travis County Dog Wars - 1902-1923
There are few photos of the things I'm going to impart to you today but I usually start with a related photo from the UNT archive so here is one roughly related for today: Eanes Rock Schoolhouse Students Outside
- "Photograph of Eanes Rock Schoolhouse students having lunch outside. They are seated in front of a pile of rocks with trees in the background, on the back of the photo '1930s Students having lunch in the Eanes Cafeteria' is written in blue pen." - 1930
See how their school 'cafeteria' was just the kids sitting around outside the old Eanes Rock School? Not sure if this was an outside picnic or if they didn't usually eat inside the one room school. If you have been here a while you might recognize the name 'Eanes' as the name of the area school district that is home to football powerhouse Westlake High School. Westlake High isn't in AISD or even in Austin proper, but instead is in Westlake Hills, TX to the west and southwest of town. Yet future NFL Hall of Fame Quarterback Drew Brees went to "Austin Westlake" High School
according to the statkeepers. This is meant to differentiate it from another Westlake High in Ft. Worth, but it's still accurate. The Village of Westlake Hills, TX was founded by an Austinite in the mid 20th century. Where did these communities like Rollingwood and Westlake Hills come from? What was in the area of these vast suburban neighborhoods and office complexes off Loop 360 before the 20th century? Even some native Austinites who grew up knowing the area only as 'the rich part of town' might not realize what the places used to be known for before all that. These are separate areas that have a history all their own, but their histories are intertwined with the history of Austin and the Texas Hill Country at large. Today using help from a few different sources I'm going to attempt to tell an abridged version of the entire tale of these towns which block in Austin from the southwest, and in doing so tell the tale of one particular series of incidents that took place in the early 20th century between Austinites and rural area residents to the west known as cedar choppers.
First a little backstory. In previous posts I've talked about how the first settlers to the county were farmers and ranchers who settled in an area that is today east of town. Govalle and Montolpolis were early settlements around the same time as Waterloo, which eventually became Austin. As we all know, The Balcones Fault Line divides the geology of Travis County into fertile blackland prarie to the east and hardscrabble limestone hills to the west. When the first bold farmers dared to settle west of this boundary in the hills to the west of the nascent City of Austin in the late 1840s and 1850s, it was a lot harder to farm the land, and the area was a known hangout for several roving bands of Comanche and Apache. The new settlers in this area were a hardy bunch. There were Scotch-Irish, Swedes, Italians and Germans, not totally Americanized. They had first originally settled in Appalachia and then migrated down the different mountain ranges of the South-Eastern US and through the pine forests of East Texas until they could go west no more. West there was only desert and Comanche. So they settled in well watered hills west of town and eventually all throughout the hill county. They brought with them their adapted ways of the southeast. Some today might call them 'mountain folk' and some others might call them early versions of 'hillbillies'. Both would be right on some counts and wrong on others. Settlers continued to come to Western Travis County throughout the 19th century although the area was known for being a hotbed of Counter-rebel Union insurgent activity during the Civil War. They wanted no part in hostilities and just wanted to be left alone to work their land. These hillbillies didn't own slaves. They didn't believe in it and the few who did were too poor for it anyway. The land was poor for farming and after the fields were abandoned and the livestock had eaten most of the grass away, native species of cedar trees grew over the spent rocky earth. These were not quite like the cedar trees we love to hate today, which are called 'sap' cedar (Ashe juniper) and grows in clumps of trees. This was something called 'Heart cedar' which grew individually as tall and as fat around as small pine trees. The people were a resourceful lot and so they started utilizing the resources they had, and by the turn of the 20h century mostly all they had was a hell of a lot of cedar trees.
Now before the first dam across the Colorado was built in 1893 forming what was at the time called Lake MacDonald (now Lake Austin), it was a lot easier to cross the river when it wasn't flooded. There were several crossings, called 'fords' where you could mostly walk across without getting wet with maybe a little help from some strategically placed stones. The most famous one that survives in name only is Marshall Ford which is the area around where Mansfield Dam was built in the 1940s. Tinnin Ford Road off of Riverside Drive marks the rough spot of another one, although it was called 'Stone's Ford' on old maps. In places where the river ran deeper and before the first Congress Ave. Bridge was erected in the 1880s there were small ferry services but these weren't meant for more than one or two horse carts at a time and ran the risk of capsizing.
After the dam was built, the area west of where Tom Miller Dam is today was almost totally cut off from the City of Austin. If you think about it, most of the modern bridges we depend on today except for the Congress Ave. Bridge and the Union Pacific train bridge were built after 1935. There was no way to cross the lake/river for many miles upstream for many years, even after first dam busted in 1900 (it was rebuilt around 1913 and then busted again). This kept these 'mountain folk' isolated, who by that time were well on the way to becoming known as 'cedar choppers' in the City of Austin. The original settling families intermarried among one another and eventually formed interwoven 'clans' that started feuds with other clans.
Sometime I think in the 1980s someone wrote a high school report on the history of Westlake Hills, and I don't know how, but it ended up in the UNT archive through the Westbank Community Library. It's not a bad writeup, I would have given it an A. I'm going to quote a little bit from it to advance the story
After the (Civil) War, a few settlers gradually moved into the hills. The land was too rugged for farming, so most families raised cattle, sheep and goats. They made lye soap, cooked on wood stoves, and used coal oil for lighting. In 1872 Robert Eanes and George Norvell built a log schoolhouse near the present Eanes School. They furnished it with split-log benches. Children wrote on slates using native limestone as chalk. The schoolhouse was also used for church services, conducted by circuit-riding preachers, until a stone church was built in 1928. As the years went by, a community grew up around the schoolhouse.
The first Austin Dam (site of the present Tom Miller Dam) was built across the Colorado River in 1893. The dam broke in the flood of 1900 but was rebuilt in 1913. Before these dams were built, Austin folks forded the river at Taylor's Slough, driving their buggies and wagons into the hills so they could chop firewood. The newly created Lake McDonald (now Lake Austin) prevented anyone from fording the river. Except for a road to the southwest that went to Bee Cave, the hills were virtually cut off from civilization.
These isolated hills became home to cedar choppers. Winston Bode called them that "proud, independent, robust tribe of transplanted Southerners who came to flat-cut cedar and burn charcoal."6 They slow-burned cedar into charcoal, which they sold to general stores on 6th Street and other places. Like other mountain people, they worked hard, had little schooling, intermarried, bore several children, brewed corn whiskey, and danced barefoot to fiddle music. Except for coming to town with their charcoal and maybe drinking on Saturday night, the cedar choppers stayed to themselves. Austin folks used to say that you didn't go into the shills unless you knew someone, and it wasn't safe to travel on Bee Caves Road after dark.
One man who dared to venture into the hills was Emmett Shelton, Sr. An attorney, newly graduated from law school in 1928, he walked to.the hilltop where the County Line Restaurant now stands. He bought the hilltop for $500. In subsequent years he bought more land, sometimes for as low as $4.50 or $10 an acre. When he wasn't running his trial practice with brother Polk or dickering in politics (he ran for the Austin City Council in the 1930s), he was in the County Clerk's office, tracking down titles to land.
"Most of the people who owned land in the hills didn't live here," Shelton said. "Usually they had inherited it from someone. Most didn't know where the property lines were or how much was there." As he wandered through the brush, checking property lines, he made friends with cedar choppers and later defended many of them in their scrapes with the law. During the 1920s and 1930s, the hills were a haven for bootlegging. Cedar choppers set up stills on the creeks and guarded them with firearms. More than one federal agent was killed trying to come up on a still by surprise. According to Emmett Shelton, Sr., "There was more commercial activity in West Lake Hills then than there is now."
A favorite spot for Austin folks who wanted to drink and gamble was the Cedar Crest Night Club, site of the present County Line Restaurant. When it opened, someone asked owner Mervin Ash, "How are you going to keep these hillbillies from coming in and taking you over?" Without batting an eye, he replied, "We'll just put napkins and tablecloths on the tables." As the country worked its way out of the Depression, the hills began to enjoy economic growth. In 1937 B.B. "Pap" Beard started selling hamburgers and tamales in a log-cabin store on Bee Caves Road.8 His was the first business establishment in the hills. Later he added a gasoline station. Also in 1937 a new two-room schoolhouse was built to educate the growing numbers of children whose families had moved to the area.
So you had this informal unincorporated rural community called Eanes on the other side of the rivelake with their own rural ways and culture separate from Austin's. Then all these individual homesteader families dotting the landscape all over the western part of the county, in places like today's Oak Hill (was called Oatmanville), and Upper and Lower Bull Creek, and Jollyville. These were in turn part of a larger trend of settlement across the entire Hill Country. The failed farmers turned cedar choppers had settled clear up the western side of Williamson County and parts north, and also down into Blanco, and the western side of Hays, and Guadalupe counties. These places were far removed from the city at the time, being sometimes more than a few hours by horse or oxcart to get there, yet they lived in a symbiotic relationship with Austin supplying the growing city with cedar related products like fence posts, railroad ties, firewood and charcoal. We will get back to Mr. Emmett Shelton Sr. in a few minutes, who was the Father of Westlake Hills and whose name now adorns the 'low water crossing' bridge under the dam today, but first I want to tell you about the Dog Wars.
There are many books written about the cedar choppers but probably one of the best is The Cedar Choppers: Life on The Edge of Nothing
by Ken Roberts. (h/t/ Noogisms)
Written just a few years ago, Mr. Roberts tells the complete tale of the cedar choppers with anecdotes and interviews from the descendants of the people who were there, following the families from Europe to The Hill Country, and has researched the genealogy of the intermarried clans formed by these early hill folk right up to the modern day. I can't recommend this book enough , and any longtime resident ought to get around to reading it eventually. I turn to this excellent volume for help in telling a bit about the events of 1902-1923 known as The Travis County Dog Wars. This concerns a particular few clans of cedar choppers in the lower Bull Creek area. Quoting from page 70:
There was a time when the banker and doctors and politicians used the hills as their playground. Before a law was passed in 1923 outlawing the practice, they would bring packs of trained dogs to Bull Creek to run down deer, threatening the best source of meat for the residents. Once again, outsiders from the city were invading the hills with guns, and the hill people didn't like it.
They started waiting for the hunters to come. One unidentified BUll Creek resident said, "Whenever we'd see a whole bunch of dog men coming up from town, I'd saddle up my old mare and ride over to my partner's house. Then he'd do the same with the next neighbor, and so on 'til there was a pair of eyes lookin' out at the dog men from pert' near every bush." and they shot the dogs, starting what was called "The Travis County Dog Wars".
The hunters went ballistic: one physician had prize hounds shipped from Kentucky "ambushed by damned hillbillies who pay no taxes." A merchant said., "Those aren't human beings gunning our dogs down. Hell got overpopulated so the devil moved the worst lot over to Bull Creek and gave them guns to play with.
A reward of $250 was posted, but nobody responded. Finally enough evidence was gathered to indict Paul Waechter of the Bull Creek clan. His brother Lewis was married to a daughter of Lee Boatright, one of the patriarchs of the clan, so Paul was well connected. The article said the "young mountaineer, despite loss of one arm, had the reputation of a rifleman who could knock a gnat's eyebrows off at a hundred paces." A hundred witnesses were called to the stand during the trial, but nobody would testify against him. Pail's younger brother was asked, "'Son, did you ever see a dead dog in the hills?' 'Yes, sir, Judge, I saw one.' the youth replied. 'Well, son, what do you think killed that dog?' 'Judge, I believe that poor hound must have got hooked to death by a buck.'" To mollify the powerful men who demanded retribution, Paul Waechter was fined, but the fine was dismissed "for fear it would around the mountaineers' ire, and that the hillbillies would stop shooting dogs and start shooting hunters."
The hills west of Austin became no-man's land. Frank Wilson, who grew up in Hyde Park and knew some of the families from Bull Creek, said: Austin People didn't go out there. No, you stayed out of there. You go to Dry Creek then you'd better slow down, and when you got to Bull Creek you'd better stop" (laughter).
And so there you have the basic story of the Travis County Dog Wars. It's important to note that in general, the people of the community were running afoul with the authorities in the county courthouse over the river in Austin. There were not just the dog wars but the aforementioned interclan feuds and sometimes even good old fashioned domestic violence and abuse which sent many a "mountain man" to jail. This only worsened as the 1910s became the 1920s and Prohibition took hold. A good number of cedar choppers became full time moonshiners for the duration. For help in defending themselves and their clan families, the patriarchs contracted with one trusted lawyer to almost always represent them in court. That lawyer was the previously mentioned Emmett Shelton Sr. The rub was that he got paid in land, and he wasn't cheap either. He improved upon the land he owned and laid out roads following old cedar chopper trails.
Quoting again from Cedar Choppers: Life on The Edge of Nothing, page 188 tells a story of the kind of protection Mr. Shelton provided:
Luther Pierce tells the story of his brother Ed, and how Emmett protected him in a confrontation with the law.
What caused it was somebody had cut cedar posts in the wrong place, on Emmett's side. And Ed followed their muddy tracks out of there. And Emmett had a double-barrel shot-gun. Well, he took it with him, him and Ed went over there. Have you heard of John Lloyd? John Lloyd was real rich. He had built all kind of mansions over there in West Lake Hills. John Lloyd's son-in law was there and he was talking real, real smart. And the sheriff was there too. And John Lloyd's son-in-law walked up to Ed and shaking his finger at him, right in his face, said, "What are you doing over here anyway? You're the son-of-a-bitch that probably cut these posts." So Ed him him and knocked him down on the ground. And that sheriff told John Lloyd's son-in-kaw, he said, "You can file on him for that."
He said "Well. then. that's just what l'll do." So the sheriff was handcuffing Ed. Ed said Emmett scared him more than the sheriff--he got one handcuff on him before Emmett knocked 'em. "You leave that man alone. You get them handcuffs off of him. I am his attorney." And then he turned to that man and said, "You file on him and I'll charge you five thousand dollars a tree for every cedar that you cut on my places and we'll go through there and count the stumps." So he unlocked the handcuffs and let him go.
Emmett Shelton was a very effective lawyer. If the cedar choppers couldn't win a confrontation one-on-one, the whole clan would jump in. And if that didn't work, they called Emmett Shelton.
Going back to that high school report in the UNT archive linked to previously, picking up where I left off:
After World War II, Shelton urged his friend Austin Mayor Tom Miller to build a bridge across the Colorado by the newly rehabilitated dam that would carry Miller's name. When the proposal was brought before the city council, Shelton promised: "If you build this bridge, I won't run for city council again."
His strategy must have worked, because the council issued the bonds and built the low-water bridge in 1948. The bridge opened a second traffic artery into hills, connecting Lake Austin Boulevard with Red Bud Trail.
Shelton began selling land in earnest, usually asking $1,500 for 2.5 acres. On Saturdays, he rented equipment from the county and bulldozed roads, often following the horse trails and wagon paths used by the cedar choppers. In the back of his mind was a dream for a prime residential community. Electricity, telephones, and other utilities were slow in coming. At first land owners dug their own water wells or formed private water companies, and each house was built with its own septic tank. In 1949 Eanes School, which had started a nine-month school term only four years earlier, merged with Brewton Springs School, located 10 miles west on Bee Caves Road. By 1950 Eanes had 80 students in grades 1 through 6 (older students went to Austin High School). The same year Eanes bought its first school bus.''
In 1953 Shelton and his neighbors incorporated as the village of West Lake Hills. He drew a map by hand, and citizens voted 73-0 in favor of the proposition. In 1958, the village became a city with broader municipal powers, especially in matters of zoning to protect the environment. The city's founding documents states: "It is the powerful and heartfelt wish of the residents of West Lake HIlls that they may be permitted to live their lives with the least interference from any outside influences that might become annoying or burdensome...." The city fathers intended that residents remain as free as possible of government, providing their own water, sewage, garbage pickup, and other conveniences. The idea was, "If you need something, you do it yourself," said Janet Poage, who moved to the city in 1966 and chaired the Zoning and Planning Commission. For several years, residents voluntarily contributed money--in lieu of taxes--to pay minimal city expenses. And the early mayors ran city business from their homes, storing records in spare bedroom closets. Protection of the environment was essential. The first mayor, Dr. Dan Grieder (dean of a downtown business college), told a local reporter: "We want to keep it the way it's been," forbidding any activity that would "disfigure, destroy or mar the glorious beauty of our wooded hills and valleys." During the early years, citizens gathered several times a year for town meetings. They assembled at Eanes School over a covered dish supper of fried chicken and potato salad. Then they talked about who to nominate for city offices, sometimes cajoling a neighbor to serve. Though congenial for the most part, some meetings became spirited. According to Janet Poage, "People just stood up and said what they thought. It was hilarious. One fellow even threatened to shoot the mayor."
The 1940s brought the current dam and the new bridge to Red Bud Trail (along with the Lamar bridge), and connected the western part of the county back with the western part of the city, but as the Village of Westlake Hills continued to expand and modernize into the 1960s just as Austin did, the cedar chopper lifestyle started fading into the past. Natural gas heaters in homes became the norm by the mid 20th century and wood burning stoves became relics used only by very poor people. Charcoal could now be bought at a grocery store and didn't require special handling that cedar charcoal did. Rollingwood
, named for the rolling brakes of cedar trees, and Westlake Hills were founded around the same time and evolved together. They were joined in the 1970s by the Lost Creek subdivision. And then the office parks came.
The cedar chopper families started sending their kids to the new 2 room Eanes School in the 40s which was then after a few expansions joined in 1969 by Westlake Highschool and then Hill Country Middle School in 1975. And so that generation (the generation after the kids in the OP photo without a real school cafeteria) became accustomed to the suburban way of life and the cedar chopper way was lost. By the time the north and south sections of the new Loop 360 were connected by the Pennybacker Bridge in 1982, there was almost nothing representing the cedar choppers left in Western Travis County besides many old family graveyards and the occasional random car selling firewood on the side of the road. According to the book "Cedar Choppers: Life on The Edge of Nothing", you can still find some descendants in the backwoods but the way of life is lost. Their territory at its peak ranged the entire hill county from Hillsboro down to Uvalde, from Austin west to Fredricksburg, where ever the cedar grew.
In June of 1974, Emmett Shelton Sr. gave an oral history which was transcribed and is also available in the UNT archive through the Westbank Library. Straight from the horse's mouth
he tells some anecdotes about buying and transferring, among other parcels, a certain 500 acres of land in the area (I think mentioned in the beginning), sometimes for the City of Austin, sometimes for himself. It's probably too long to copypaste here but it's a good read and gives an idea of what sort of man he was.
Lots of bonus pics today, and even a few links. Few are related to cedar choppers but lots are related generally to the area's history. The Westbank Library has copious amounts of photos from Eanes ISD via the UNT archive of old Eanes school campuses. I'll share some of the better ones but try not to hear the voices of those little girls in The Shining say "Come and play with us!"
as you look at some of these. Bonus Pic #1
- Portrait of Charles Eanes (Robert's Brother) - unknown date (before 1889) Bonus Pic #2
- "Photograph of a classroom interior as seen from the back entrance door, showing wooden desks and seats with slatted backs in the foreground, along with a cast iron stove in the central aisle. To the back of the photograph lies the teacher's wooden desk, and a long blackboard that spans the length of the front classroom wall. There are two wall-mounted gas lamps above the blackboard, and several photographs are posted above and on the blackboard. The floor is constructed of wooden boards, and the walls are board and batten. There is a window to the right in the photograph, which has an opaque shade shaped like an awning. This is probably a view of the 1896 one-room school, which replaced the 1874 school that burned, and was used from 1896 to 1937. The 2 acres of land for the school were provided by William and Sophia Teague. Builders of the school were Henry Johnson, Oscar Carlson, and John Marshall. This photograph is copied from a manuscript by Mrs. H. R. Gentry, entitled: 'Eanes School, Travis County'." - 1910s Bonus Pic #3
- "Photograph of Eanes Rock Schoolhouse students posing in front of the Eanes Rock Schoolhouse building. On the back of the photograph, there is cursive writing in pen as well as 'A 3 3' printed as well as 'gift from Betsy Linden Dyker 1939' is handwritten in blue." - 1939 Bonus Pic #4
- "Photograph of four Eanes Rock Schoolhouse students standing in front of the Eanes Rock Schoolhouse building. There are two girls in dresses and two boys in shirts and pants in the picture as well as a dog and man bending down in the background. The photograph is torn on the top right corner and there are brown stains on the left of the border of the photograph." - unknown date Bonus Pic #5
- "Photograph of Eanes Rock Schoolhouse students posing in front of a brick building. There are seven boys and one girl and all of the children are directly facing the camera and there is a tan border around the photograph." - unknown date Bonus Pic #6
- "Photograph of Eanes Rock Schoolhouse students playing outside during a picnic. There is a brick house to the left of the picture and several trees in the picture as well students running around and playing. On the back of the photograph 'gift from Betsy Linden Dyker' is written in blue pen." - unknown date Bonus Pic #7
- "Photograph of Eanes Rock Schoolhouse students on a field trip to San Antonio to see the Alamo. The students are piled into a wagon that is stopped at a gas station and on the back of the photograph 'Eanes History Center' is handwritten in pen as well as 'R70' is printed." - April 1940 Bonus Pic #8
- "Photograph of Eanes Rock Schoolhouse students in a wagon. They are looking towards a man who is pointing to the left of the the picture who seems to be pointing at something off frame" - 1940 Bonus Pic #9
- "Photograph of Eanes Rock Schoolhouse students on a wooden wagon. One student is trying to climb into the wagon, while the others seem to be looking at something off frame to the left. There appear to be parents outside of the wagon holding onto the smaller children and in the background of the photograph there is a stone building and several trees. On the back of the photograph, 'R70' is printed." - April 1940 Bonus Pic #10
- "Photograph of a group of Eanes Rock Schoolhouse students on a field trip to San Antonio, the students are standing in front of the Alamo. On the back of the photograph, 'R70' is printed." - 1940 Bonus Pic #11
- "Photograph of three Eanes Rock Schoolhouse students in the trunk of a car. The boy on the right has on a brown bowler hat and seems to be looking at a woman who is only partially in the frame of the picture and on the back of the photograph "R70" is printed." - 1940 Bonus Pic #12
- "Photograph of two students from Eanes Rock Schoolhouse playing in the snow. The boy on the right is grabbing the the girl on the left's feet while she laughs at the camera. In the background, there is a brick house surrounded by trees and on the back of the photograph 'Margaret Smith + ?' is handwritten in green as well as "6 B Eanes Students 1939-40" handwritten in black. To the left of that, '126' is printed. - unknown date Bonus Pic #13
- "Eanes School Picnic at Smith Creek. The children are seated on rocks and are surrounded by trees and other shrubbery and under the picture "30's" is written in blue pen. On the back of the photograph 'Eanes School Picnic 1930's' is also written in blue pen as well as '110%' in pencil." - 1930s Bonus Pic #14
- "Photograph of Emma Beard and her friend. Emma is on the right and is wearing a white shirt tucked into a dark skirt, her friend is wearing a similar outfit. The girls are standing in front of a stone wall and looking directly at the camera and on the back of the photograph 'Emma Beard + friend 1950' is written in black pen as well as '683E' is printed. - February 1950 Bonus Pic #15
- "Photograph of Eanes Rock Schoolhouse students in class. The students are seated at their desks and facing the photographer with the teacher standing in the back in front of the black board. There is handwritten text on back of photo that says: 'Kay Ort Orell (student). Old Rock school house, her 1956 class.'" - 1956 Bonus Pic #16
- "Photograph of Eanes Elementary students with their teacher. This picture seems to be the official class photo for the yearbook, the students are arranged in four rows with the teacher standing to the right side." - 1965 Bonus Pic #17
- "Photograph of the interior second floor of a foyer in Westlake High School. Orbs that could either be decorations or light fixtures can be seen hanging in the foyer from the skylight roof above. Several students can be seen around the balcony railing on the upper floor, and the first floor can be seen down below with more students standing together. Sets of lockers can be seen to the far right on the upper floor." - June 29, 1971 (Summer School?) Bonus Pic #18
- "Photograph of a class of students inside a small lecture hall in Westlake High School. A teacher or fellow student can be seen standing at the front of the classroom to the right with a stack of papers. The students can be seen to the left, sitting at desks and facing towards the front. A brick wall with a classroom sign can be seen in the background, as well as a door to the right of the sign." - June 29, 1971 (Summer School?) Bonus Pic #19
- "Photograph of the interior of the Westlake High School high school library. A girl can be seen wearing headphones at a recorded media listening station in the foreground. Another girl can be seen to the right behind the media station's counter. Bookshelves can be seen in the background to the right, and many windows can be seen on the back wall. Students can be seen sitting at tables throughout the space in the background. " - October 20, 1971 Bonus Pic #20
- "Photograph of Westlake High School in 1976. The picture shows the building in the background as well as cars in the parking lot and two trees in the forefront of the picture." - 1976 Bonus Pic #21
- "Photograph of the front of Westlake Highschool. There are multiple cars in the parking lot as well as trees and a flag pole." - 1976 Bonus Pic #22
- "Art print depicting an illustration of the Eanes Frame School in 1896. The foreground of the picture has the Eanes Frame School with two trees in front of it as well as a water tower beside it and behind the water tower, there is another building. Below the drawing '1896 frame school Eanes area used as a school 'till 1937 then a church 'till 1928' is printed and to the left '69/100' is handwritten in pencil. In the right corner, Curtis has signed her name. " - made in 1983 Bonus Pic #23
- "Art print depicting an illustration of the Lost Creek Log Cabin in a state of disrepair. In the foreground of the picture, there is a stone chimney that is falling apart as well as the wooden structure of the building that is also falling apart. Under the drawing, 'Lost Creek Log Cabin circa 1872' is printed and to the left '69/100' is handwritten in pencil. In the right corner, Curtis has signed her name." - made in 1983 Bonus Pic #24
- "Art print depicting an illustration of a two story house with outdoor stairs and a wooden fence in the front. There is a bed frame to the left of the house and a rocking chair on the porch and below the drawing 'Eanes-Marshall Home Built 1857' is printed as well as "'69/100' and 'Curtis' handwritten in pencil." - made in 1983 Bonus Pic #25
- "Photograph of Della Edwards, the first Eanes ISD bus driver, standing next to an Eanes school bus that has its doors open. She is wearing a dark suit with a light-colored shirt and necklace. On the back of the photograph, '137488' is written in pencil." - 1976 Bonus Pic #26
- "Photograph of the house that was owned by Frank Johnson. The house is two stories and seems to be made primarily out of wood, there are trees and bushes surrounding the house a well as a wood and wire fence that can be seen in the foreground of the photograph. On the back of the picture there is "Johnson house" and "24-A 12" handwritten in black pen. " - unknown date (1960s or 70s?) Here is a story about The Johnson family
whose farm was in the exact spot where Westlake High School is today Bonus Link #1
- "Photocopy of a handwritten account of what is was like to live on Tucker Lane in the 1920's. Dorothy Depwe goes into how many children the Tuckers the family had as well as goes into the lives of the Teague, Ryan, Young, and Small families." - March 28, 1986 Bonus Link #2
- "Photocopy of an interview with Myrtle Blankenship Treadwell, Pauline Becker, Ellen Seals, and Frank Spiller about the happenings of the Eanes Rock Schoolhouse in the thirties and forties. The interview goes into the start of the hot lunch program started by the PTA mothers of the Eanes Rock Schoolhouse students. The interview also talks about the influx of people into the Spiller Hill area and how that inevitably drove out the "hillbillies" that lived there previously but could not afford the rent to stay there. " - unknown date Bonus Link #3
- "Photocopy of a transcription of an interview with Earl Short by Dorothy Depwe. Short talks about multiple murders that occurred in the Westlake, Texas area, as well as the lives of several families in the area." - June 18, 1982 Bonus Link #4
- "Transcription of an interview with Emmett Shelton and Benton Beard written in a Blue Book about the rise of the Eanes area as well as the life and times of the Beard family. The essay goes into land development, PTA, and prohibition." - 1975 Bonus Link #5
- "Text describing the Eanes community and the history of the school district. It discusses the origins of the city of Austin and the development of the school, with transcribed supporting documents." - 1976 Bonus Link #6
- "Photocopy of an essay titled "Jackson Cemetery, Travis County, Texas" and under that "Its Value as an Historical Landmark". The essay goes into the creation of the cemetery and how the lot was purchased as well as the fact that much of the information from the essay comes from interviews conducted by Melissa W." - unknown date Bonus Link #7
- "Photocopy of a handwritten report about the the Carlson family of the Eanes area. The essay mostly focuses on Oscar Carlson, the son of John Hendrik Carlson and a Swedish woman named Morning Star and their life in the Eanes County area. On the front of the essay, '9th Grade 1304 Constant Spring Dr. 327-0350' is written in black pen." - unknown date Bonus Link #8
- "Photocopy of an essay on how the Dellana family came to reside in Rollingwood, Texas. Castro talks about Condado Dellana's immigration from Italy to the United States and how he eventually moved to Texas to help build the capitol building in Austin. Years later, Condado discovered a cave in Rollingwood that produced extremely good fertilizer due to the guano from the bats that lived in the cave. He eventually bought the property that the cave was on and started selling the fertilizer to nurseries around the state." - February 27, 1976 Bonus Link #9
- "Growing Up in Westlake Hills - Photocopy of a transcript of an interview with James Short, an alumnus of Eanes Elementary School from Westlake Hills. He goes on to talk about what life was like as a student at Eanes School, and recalls the various incidents that occurred such as bees being let loose in the school bus, a bonfire being built in the middle of the road to stop the bus from arriving to school, and fights between the students." - 1976 Bonus Link #10
- List of small cemeteries in the area - unknown date Extra Special Bonus Link #1
Eanes: Portrait of a Community, a book by Linda Vance - 1986 (lots of good photos and stories not found in other books in here) lightly edited hours later for early morning errors
submitted by s810
to Austin [link] [comments]
2019.03.09 02:00 CPU_Dragon JoJo's Bizarre Adventure OC Tournament #4: R1M20 - Electric Grapevine and Baba O'Riley vs. ???
The results are in for Match 18. The winner is… Eternal Consumption Engine, with a score of 69 to The Sweetwater Visitors’ 59!
|Category ||Winner ||Point Totals ||Comments |
|Popularity ||ECE ||27-13 ||12 votes total, with a decisive win for the ECE despite the mostly even strats! Popularity can be such a fickle mistress. |
|Quality ||SWV ||21-23 ||Reasoning |
|JoJolity ||SWV ||21-23 ||Reasoning |
This was an excellent match on both sides, with the wedding being most certainly ruined by them, but hey, at least there was a show! Judges gave the SWV slight leads in their categories, but the popularity swung hard for the ECE. Another win for democracy.
But if this battle got too hot and steamy, maybe you would like to cool off in the Tatras?
Now, without further ado....saddle up. Scenario - Istanbul, Turkey, early morning:
Two figures sat in a room, one wreathed with light, the other shaded in darkness. The man in the light sat in front of a window, looking down at the city below from the hotel. He took a brush from his smock, the v-neck covering the even deeper valley of his striped shirt. He peered down, and carefully took a bit of paint from his easel, smearing it deliberately onto the canvas. As always, his hair was neatly tucked back, under his beret to keep it from interrupting his work.
The other figure, the one in the darkness. Covered in a woolen coat, hanging on his smaller frame. A large hat hung on his head, and the only truly visible part of him were his hands as he lounged on the bed, carefully turning the pages of a book. His hands were beautiful, nails polished. The room was quiet, the room filled with stacks of money, of gold, canvases and paintings stacked against the walls, with Dog Planet
carefully folded up in a corner. Several phones, all brand new, were piled in a corner. A cornucopia of fruits and sweets rested on a table.
The shadowed figure smirked, tracing a finger down the passage. With a chuckle in his voice, he spoke.
“Tell me my retainer… have you ever read the ｢Art of War｣?” He said, voice light.
“...Non.” The painter responded, in a rote way as if he had been asked the question many times before. (He had.)
The shadowy figure chortled as the painter continued, brow scrunching as he made a few new strokes, face turning from contemplating and refined to annoyed. The shadowy figure closed the book with a snap. “It is said in it that among the five essentials of ‘victory’, number five… ‘He will win who has military capacity and is not interfered with by the sovereign.’ How wonderful, that I exist then!” The previously serene figure brought a hand to his head, tilting it back dramatically. The painter did not turn around, absorbed in his work.
“How wonderful, that I have been reincarnated at last! That I am the true ‘sovereign’, gifted ‘tribute’ to me, as well as the true heir of ‘military capacity’!” The figure laughed, voice cracking. He swung his legs off the bed, picking up a phone that had been given to him as tribute, upside down. “Yes! It is of course my ‘historical destiny’ to become the hegemon of this world! Truly, the greatest monarch, the greatest emperor!” He tossed the phone behind him, continuing to rant and rave about his own skill. His own genius. At some point, the shadowed figure switched to Chinese, then Turkish. He paced, posing grandiosely and expansively, knocking over a few piles of cash along the way, also
taken as tribute in military campaigns, as the painter got progressively red in the face.
The figure, finally, stepped out into the light, revealing… a slight, sickly looking youth, a dark grin on his face, washed out in the morning sun. Slightly greasy hair hung around his face, and with the end of his tirade, his voice cracked a few times.
“Yes! Truly! With the return of I-- Temujin-- Genghis Khan, Khagan, Khan of Khans, my own new ascendancy is truly within my grasp! Oh so close at hand!”
With a crash, the painter stood up, screaming furiously and breaking the canvas he was working on over his knee, throwing the pieces to the ground. The youth tilted his head quizzically. “...What is the meaning of this outburst, court painter?” After a moment, he smirked to himself, not perturbed at all. “No. Oscar.”
The painter turned on the youth, fury clear on his face. He bared his teeth, emotion clear in his eyes as he turned from the bustling scene below, throwing his paints and brushes aside in a rage. He opened his mouth, and took a deep breath in preparation, bowing his head before speaking. “ALRIGHT BOSS! I’LL LET YOU FINISH... BUT I HAVE SOME THINGS TO SAY ABOUT HANDS!”
Niyaz steepled his fingers, leaning forward, appearing to listen intently to what Oscar had to say. Meanwhile, Oscar stepped on the canvas, grinding his foot against it and pummeling it into the ground, as he narrowed his eyes.
“Hands are the bane of my existence… The blasted things are too complex, too detailed; each one is different!”
Oscar holds up his hand and looks at it, before clenching it into a fist, punching a hole in the drywall.
“MERDE MERDE MERDE! THE CURVATURE OF THE FINGERS, THE LINES ON THE PALMS, THE KNUCKLES, THE LENGTH OF THE FINGERNAILS, THE POSITIONING OF THE FINGERS.” Oscar pulled his fist out of the drywall, leaning down and picking up a piece of the canvas he was painting on, and holding it out: it depicted a hand, but the fingers were far too long, and far too thin, certainly not realistic looking. Oscar crumpled it in his hand.
The youth merely nodded; despite Oscar’s outrage, which he had seen many times before, he reveled in his passion and dedication. This is why he had chosen him as his court painter, and his right-hand man. He dared not call him that though, lest he get Oscar going again.
He gave Oscar a moment to breathe, Oscar slumping down back in his chair, his hand bruised from his outburst, and his artwork ruined.
“Forgive me my, uh, my liege… I simply wish to achieve perfection. Everything else… I am masterful at everything else! It’s just… the hands…” Oscar’s demeanor seemed to switch on a dime; he swapped from unbridled rage to a deep, pitiful sulk, and buried his head in his hands. The youth smiled warmly, patting him on the back.
“Don’t worry Oscar… together, we can both achieve greatness beyond comprehension. I have faith in you, as you have faith in me. We are unbeatable.” Oscar took his head out of his hands, looking up at his boss’s face. He smiled back, sitting up in his chair. With that, there was a knock at the door, and a voice on the other side:
“Hotel staff! We got a noise complaint, is everything alright in here?”
The youth nodded, taking a pile of lira and flinging open the door dramatically to a worried looking valet. “Excellent timing, good servant.” He said in fluent Turkish, handing over the stack of cash. “My retainer and I require some tea to calm down. Black, sweetened well. Do have it delivered promptly.” The valet nodded dumbly as the youth shut the door in his face.
Oscar looked up from his shattered work, and sighed. “Alright boss, where are we going?” The youth nodded seriously, opening a map of the city and pointing to one of its defining landmarks. “We are going on our most ambitious campaign yet.”
Oscar nodded. “The, ah, bataille royale, no? The one announced to everyone?”
The youth nodded. “Indeed. We shall meet the chaff upon the field of battle, and like chaff they shall scatter.” He stood, opening the door to grab the tea, held by another rather confused valet, handing over more lira, and setting the teapot down.
“Let us discuss our approach. After all as the ‘Art of War’ states….”
“‘Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.’” Istanbul, Sultanahmet Park, Noon
Electric Grapevine rumbled through the streets of Istanbul, glaring at a map and eating an oversized doner kebab. The ECE had seen it fit to displace a local abandoned factory a few miles out, but she was more than capable of making her way to the Tag. She swallowed the rest of the kebab, freeing up her hands to grapple another contestant who ambushed her from the shadows of an alleyway. He was nimble, yes, but she was much too big, much too strong to be taken down that easily.
With a grunt of effort, she hoisted the young man into the air, and, with a roar, threw him downwards before he could summon his Stand to retaliate. The man hit the ground with a choking sputter, gasping for breath through cracked ribs. But Grapevine walked onward; he was just another broken body in her wake.
The clue for this match - Nobody’s business but the Turks! - had been rather vague, but another contestant had figured it out....and accidentally announced it to @everyone in the Urban Uprising forums. With so many heading towards the Tag’s general location a 1v1 would be unfeasible, so the admins had come up with a hasty solution: a Battle Royal, last group standing would advance to the next Round.
Of course, the match became much more chaotic than anticipated. The increased risk of injury having dissuaded no one and countless players had arrived, looking to claim this trophy. It was this environment that the ECE custodian seemed well equipped to...clean up.
Grapevine spat the kabob wrapper onto the ground beside her unconscious opponent, wiping her mouth on her arm. She sniffed the air. Despite her efforts to keep the fight short, she had been found out. Although she could easily crush those who opposed her, surviving this gauntlet of a battlefield would be a test of stamina; it would be important to conserve her energy. And so, the behemoth marched on.
But, of course, ‘if it bleeds it leads.’
Although she had been rather reclusive amongst the YMCA, the forum post was worth definitely worth investigating. She was bound to see something newsworthy in Istanbul, and she would be the first on the scene, long before that Aesop Rock. Worst came to worst, a match like this would attract all kinds of contestants, making it a good opportunity to learn about the competition...
She snapped a photo of three contestants, all engaged in a heated battle. As soon as it printed out, Baba shook it, waiting for the polaroid to develop....drat. While the cacophony of Stand abilities made for quite the spectacle, none of it showed up on film. She frowned and peeked out from cover, taking a few more pictures with her DSLR. With her skill at this once in a lifetime event, she was bound to get a good picture sooner or later.
She kept to the sides, hiding from any enemies. She knew that, reasonably, she didn’t have the best direct combat ability, but with the perfect picture….She ducked behind a nearby bush, as the three swiftly dispatched themselves, in a brutal finale to this part of the story. She took a few more pictures, and moved onto the next scene. They would make a captivating addition to her blog.
As Baba scampered from hiding spot to hiding spot, she spotted a competitor narrowly defeat another. Unfortunately her camera was down, and she wasn’t able to take a picture of the victor, their back facing her. While she would have liked to ask for an interview, she didn’t trust them to be a good guest. Baba scampered further into the melee; the longer she dallied, the more she risked getting caught.
The pair worked through Istanbul, the edifice of the Hagia Sophia lording over them. Grapevine brutally, efficiently working her way through anyone who dared stand up to her. She was coated in blood, dripping it on herself. She knew the value of sending a message, and the Stand users around were weak. She spotted an abandoned food cart, lumbering over to it with a serious look on her face.
More kebabs. She was hungry. She tore a large chunk of flesh out of the hunk of meat, swallowing quickly and ravenously. Food. Good food. It would fuel her for the rest of the battle. She burped. She liked Istanbul. Good food. Easy fights. Good.
She scanned the near abandoned park, the battle slowly winding down. Chaff. There wasn’t any good fights it seemed. Whatever. All that was left to was to get the--
Crunch. Munch. Munch. Crunch. Munch. Munch.
Grapevine slowly turned to the kebab stand, looking at the spinning meat, a feeling of...not menace, but instead mere curiosity. Interest.
A small, black thing, with no features sans a gaping maw, furiously chomped into the doner meat. Its skin slimy and black. It was vaguely cat shaped, and notably didn’t respond to her at all. Despite Grapevine’s pokes, it continued to eat. She pulled it away, watching it immediately leap back to eating.
She nodded. So this was some sort of ‘enemy’, then. She had her Stand slice it apart, examining the gooey, tarry insides, continuing to macerate it before placing it in her mouth. She swished it in her mouth. The flesh tasted odd. Like swamp water. Good.
Baba desperately shook the polaroid, sighing at the result. No good photos, whatsoever! She poked her head over the bush she was crouched behind, seeing almost nobody around. It seemed everyone else had taken each other out, sans a very clear exception.
A massive wall of a...woman(?), eating something from a food cart. Baba cringed, looking to a nearby fountain. The woman didn’t look injured, and with the blood coating her skin, she clearly wasn’t one to be trifled with. Baba could hope she was taken out, or otherwise that she didn’t have to face her.
Then the woman turned around, face smeared in some black sludge. She scanned the area, eyes zeroing in on Baba’s red hair. Baba ducked down, but heard the rumbling footsteps of the woman as she walked towards her location. Baba ducked away, running out into the open as black sludge hit where she was moments before.
Baba focused on the woman, noting her clear strength and the way she looked over the battlefield, examining both herself and the area around them in case of traps. For every step she took, Baba took a few back. She was...going to have to fight, wasn’t she? Baba gritted her teeth, a sky-blue aura surrounding her as a dark, earthy brown one surrounded the woman.
“You know. The history of ｢The Hagia Sophia｣ is rather interesting.”
Baba and the other woman slowly turned to face the source of the authoritative voice. though not quite away from each other. An air of tension, stretching to a breaking point, filled the air. The voice was...cold. Rather than yelling, it was clear, measured, and most of all, cold.
A boy, a dour looking teenager in old-style clothing stood, straight backed, with a larger, luxuriantly mustachioed man in ridiculous clothing stood behind him. The boy looked at the both of them with flat, focused eyes. “The ｢Ottoman Turks｣ took this city from the corpse of the Byzantine Empire in 1453 CE. This place, the ‘Hagia Sophia’, or in Turkish ‘Ayasofya’ used to be a Christian cathedral, ordered built by Justinian the First. The ‘Ottomans’ then rechristened it a mosque when they took the city, where it’s been to this day.”
He pointed a finger at them. “Don’t you see what I’m saying? Any emperor who ‘conquers’ gets to do with it as they like. Just like the ｢Ayasofya｣, I’ve been successful in my campaigns so far. Let me say this. I have truly ‘earned’ the Tags here.”
Baba swallowed, confused. “Wait, what are you even talking about!?” She said, completely lost. “Who even… who are you! Emperor, talking about the Hagia Sophia, what!?” The mustachioed man cringed in the background.
The boy sneered down at them, dropping his arm. “...So you do not recognize majesty then. Fine.” He turned behind him. “Retainer! Announce us!” The man coughed, and yelled across to them.
“Right, uh!” He started, put on the spot. “Representing La Horde Aurique, I am--” The man brought a hand to his moustache, then yelping in pain as he, instead of stylishly tearing off a fake one, pulled at his very real facial hair. The boy did not react whatsoever, waiting for his partner to recover. “Right! I’m, ah, Oscar K. Computer, and I work as the boss’s Court Painter, and this is. Uh.” The man said. The boy made a motion to continue.
“In your presence is His Imperial Majesty, Temujin, Genghis Khan, Khagan, Khan of Khans!”
Baba’s jaw dropped in complete and utter shock.
Grapevine was unmoved by the boy's declaration, unlike the little woman near her. She didn't know nor care what a ‘Khan’ was. All she cared about was two more threats to take down.
“The name of this reincarnation is Niyaz Jamilev, but yes! Genghis Khan!” The boy said, a wild, deranged look in his eyes before quieting back down to a calm, dead bearing. “I will win.” He stated with absolute surety, Grapevine seeing no hesitance or fear in his eyes.
“Give up.” He continued. “In my majesty, I shall be merciful. Surrender and give me your ‘tribute’. You will be defeated, but if you surrender I shall preserve your ‘dignity.’ Otherwise….”
Niyaz opened his coat, revealing what was inside it. Grapevine ground her teeth together, realizing, with a dripping feeling not unlike her Stand rolling over her, that they were not the chaff she had been dealing with so far. This was another ‘reaper.’
Inside Niyaz’ coat were Tags: cards, pins, baubles, a mixtape — Tags of all shapes and sizes. His detached sneer grew feral. “Sixty-seven. La Horde Aurique has utterly routed sixty-seven people. You shall be two more, if you fight. ”Grapevine blinked, and immediately summoned her Stand, oozing over her body. She didn't really know who these people were, but she was going to win. That's all there was to it.
“Don't care about no dig-ni-ty.” She growled, staring daggers at the threats. Niyaz nodded as if he expected it, summoning his own Stand, lionlike and regal, behind him. The gates set inside it seemed to flutter open and closed, something dark, dangerous stored inside.
“Boss! Remember our deal!” Oscar said, his own blobby, amorphous Stand behind him. Niyaz sighed. “Yes, my dear retainer. Their lives are not forfeit. Just these two left. Don't let your guard down.” The tension only increased, waves of freezing, black menace radiating off the duo.
“Hey! Big lady!” The small woman yelled, panicked. “There are two Tags!”
“I'm taking them.” Grapevine nodded. Baba hesitated, feeling the pressure of a do-or-die scenario. She knew that to stand a chance, even….
“H-how about we team up?” Baba quickly replied, scrambling for some reasoning to convince the behemoth. “There are two of them, and they're strong: you know that, I know that, they know that. If it’s a three-on-one, that one gal’s toast. I’d lose, you’d...probably lose, but if we team, we have a chance...that sound good?”
Niyaz looking in with interest, Grapevine blinking. As much as she wanted to crush everyone involved, she also was not stupid. She spat out a blob of tarry goo. She had better chances, and if that meant dealing with a whiny girl...so be it.
“Grapevine.” She said.
The other woman visibly relaxed. “Baba O’Riley. Now let’s take down this Ghengis Khannabe.”
Niyaz nodded. “So. You refuse to kneel. And instead stand united.” Oscar brought out a piece of paper. “Boss, let's get this done quick!” He yelled. “I got an idea for a painting to do of this once we're done!”
Niyaz smiled, a slash of deranged arrogance before settling back into flatness.
“｢Gates of Babylon｣.”
And the doors of his Stand opened, revealing the darkness within.
Location: Outside of the Ayasofya, in Sultanahmet Park. It is about noon, and warm. Grapevine (brown) and Baba (
gold en bleu bébé) start 5m from each other, each 10m away from Niyaz (en l'or le plus brillant), and Oscar (aussi en or) 5m behind Niyaz. For reference, the fountain in the center of the map is 20 meters wide; the stage is about 220x220m.
All parties are in peak condition with no starting damage or any starting advantage. There are a few RETIRED Stand users spread out among the location, abandoned food stalls, and abandoned souvenir stands. All Stand users have cell phones. There is nobody else besides an inexplicably large amount of pigeons, like in all cities.
Goal: RETIRE Niyaz Jamilev. There is no alternate victory condition. Good luck.
Name: Emperor Genghis Khan (Real name Niyaz Jamilev)
Age: 812 (16)
Occupation: Emperor (Fugitive), leader of La Horde Aurique
Appearance: Niyaz (Pictured on the right, art done by Skelly-tan) is a thin, regal looking youth. He carries himself with dignity, and a sneer on his face. He is about 5’3", and 120 pounds. He wears a dark blue silk tunic with silver designs on the front of horizontal bars, a large coat with a fur ruff, woolen pants, leather shoes, a chip on his shoulder, and a simply magnificent furry hat. He is of Uzbek descent, with black eyes and black hair. He has a large variety of golden rings on his right hand. He wears a red silk sash around his waist with gold tassels hanging off.
Equipment: A copy of The Art of War in Chinese, a smartphone, various pens and pencils, a small notebook, three human teeth, a shred of red fabric with an ‘M’ on it a human hand, a bloody bull horn, a pocket telescope, (a book of matches)[https://www.reddit.com/StardustCrusaders/comments/arfbaz/jojos_bizarre_adventure_oc_tournament_4_r1m10/], a pocket flashlight, two stirrups, a lighter, and a pocket knife. They are stored in various pockets of his coat.
Strength: 1 (An Emperor especially doesn’t do damage! Their minions do it for them!)
Agility: 2 (An Emperor doesn’t move! Their minions do it for them!)
Endurance: 2 (An Emperor doesn’t get hit! Their minions do it for them!)
Riding: 4 (Niyaz is exceptional at riding things. Horses, cows, people - he can ride basically anything with or without a harness, and stay on with little trouble. After all, a proper Emperor needs a trusty steed! This is despite his awful strength and agility.)
Imperial Command: 5 (Niyaz has a voice that carries very well, can keep track of most things in their line of sight, and can give orders concisely. While this helps with controlling his Stand, there are limits. If they can’t see something, he is likely to simply recall minions away, and the minions must be given new orders before their old ones end. In either case, this is truly a Skill befitting an Emperor!)
Stand Name: ｢Gates of Babylon｣
Appearance: A menacing, heavily armored figure. It is gold with blue highlights, and its head is that of a stylized lion. It has decorative lapis eyes and teeth that serve no real purpose, and is covered in a sophisticated inlay of lapis and sapphire, creating beautiful patterns. Set inside its torso are two gates, modeled roughly after the real world Ishtar Gate in structure and appearance.
Power: S5 (Stand itself is D, small minions C, Medium B, Large A)
Speed: S5 (Stand is C, Small minions are at A, Medium B, Large C)
Range: S3 (Stand is D Range. Minions it creates go up to C Range, or 20m.)
Durability: C (Definitely not bad. Pretty far from bad. But kind of average.)
Precision: E (Niyaz has little direct control over what his minions do, and for them to do anything he must command them to do whatever he wishes. The minions, however, are more than capable in either close combat or at whatever they’re commanded to do. If commanded to intercept attacks with their arms, for example, they will be good at intercepting with them by virtue of solely focusing on it. Additionally, Niyaz may choose how he wishes a fusion to go, if he has the materials and the end goal in mind.)
Abyss: ｢Gates of Babylon｣ has a murky, swampy abyss inside its doors. It may expel this abyss by opening said doors. This abyss will form into a vague, monstrous simulacra of some animal of the Niyaz’ choosing. Note that the simulacra will have no real features of whatever animal they are based on besides vaguely their shape. They must be specifically granted the abilities to fly, use human hands, etc. Basic minions can move, strike, and eat, and little else more complex not related to that.. The expulsion is at up to C Power, enough to knock someone over, and can go up to 10m. It can create three sizes of monsters.
Small: C Power, A Speed, smaller than human size but only down to around housecat size. Small minions are used for tasks that don’t require much physical oomph or necessitate small sizes. Think utility. The minions are completely automatic, and thus, have zero damage transference whatsoever. Destroying their heads is, as well, the most efficient way to destroy them. The Stand automatically forms abyss inside itself when summoned, and takes about 30 seconds to form enough for a small minion. It starts out with enough for 5 small minions. Its minions may consume organic matter to create more abyss inside the Stand, with 15 seconds of consumption meaning another minion will be made on top of the passive generation.
Medium: B Power, B Speed, human to horse size. Medium minions are the all-rounders, and generally used for combat.
Large: A Power, C Speed, larger than Medium, but top out at adolescent elephant size, around 2.3m tall. Large minions are large enough to act as sufficient meat shields for Niyaz, and are absurdly strong. They are most used in close range, where he may more effectively command them.
Command: ｢Gates of Babylon｣ may control the monsters it create, by Niyaz directly commanding them verbally. Without commands, the minions will be useless for anything. Once commanded, they will carry out their goal according to the directions. If Niyas gave bad directions, they may end up doing their goal inefficiently, and they will not react to anything beyond their goal unless commanded to otherwise. Because of this, Niyaz prefers keeping them within line of sight, so he can keep track of and command them if the situation changes.
Fusion: By holding an object with its hand and inserting into a minion, it may "fuse" them, giving them the properties of whatever it used. Wood for wood armor, batteries for making them electric, ice for ice abilities, a finger to give them human hands, a tooth to give them ability to speak, wings for flight, etc. Niyaz may not unfuse the minions from any items used. Additionally, he may fuse monsters of the same type together. Two Small make a medium, and two Medium make a Large. Larger minions cannot be un-fused into smaller types. Smaller amounts of material will give the minion weaker effects. A triple A will not give as much zap as a car battery, for example.
While the minions won’t do anything on their own, they can use any given traits and abilities competently. Parts will also generally scale to the minion and be consistent in manifestation; a large minion fused with a pair of human arms will have them scaled to itself and with gasoline be flammable throughout.
Stand Oddities: ｢Gates of Babylon｣ itself has no senses whatsoever. It also has no personality whatsoever, or any trace of one. It is completely under the control of Niyaz, an empty husk for him to use.
Fighting Style: Niyaz is a dangerous, ruthless fighter who sits back and commands his army. He likes to plan his victories well in advance, and to ruthlessly crush his enemies in one swoop. That said, while he is ruthless, he will also make at least a token effort to be nonlethal for Oscar’s sake.
Name: Oscar K. Computer
Occupation: Court Painter for Niyaz Jamilev, Artist
Physical Description: Oscar K Computer (Pictured on the left, art done by Skelly-Tan), despite his personality and demeanor, is surprisingly muscular. His body is clearly very well taken care of, and those muscles aren’t for show. He takes incredibly good care of himself, exercising regularly and eating a carefully cultivated diet to make his body as beautiful in order to use himself as a model in his paintings.
He’s 6’3” with white hair pulled up into a man bun/ponytail that resembles a paintbrush, the end of it gradually becoming red. His outfit consists of a splattered apron-like white smock with several pockets on the front, which also has a long flowing cape attached to the back. This smock has a deep v-neck, and covers a black and white striped tight long-sleeve shirt with an even deeper v-neck, going all the way down to the stomach. His clothes are littered with various loops that he holds his paintbrushes in. He has a very baggy pair of black Hammer Pants, and a relatively normal pair of black shoes. On his head he wears a beret with a hole cut in the top for his man bun to poke through, bangs also coming out from under the front of the beret and covering one of his eyes.
Finally, he has horrendously stereotypical facial hair, a long and curly mustache and a thin soul patch on his chin, completing the look with a pair of sunglasses he wears whenever he isn’t painting.
Equipment: 5 Prints of Art rolled up into poster tubes: Mona Lisa, Ein Landsknect mit Hund, Vertumnus, The Beatles “Abbey Road” Album Cover, and Dog Planet. Paintbrushes of various sizes, tubes of various paints stored in the pockets of his smock, smartphone, wallet. A fake moustache, that looks precisely like his actual one.
Strength: 4 (Oscar is very buff, working tirelessly to perfect his body to use himself as a model for his art)
Agility: 4 (Oscar is very agile, working tirelessly to perfect his body to use himself as a model for his art)
Endurance: 4 (Oscar is very tough, working tirelessly to perfect his body to use himself as a model for his art)
Painting: 4 (Oscar is a very impressive painter, he can paint incredibly lifelike portraits or even amazing stylized works, but with one caveat keeping him from true mastery - when drawing people, he cannot seem to draw hands well at all. No matter how hard he tries or how long he works, they always seem to come out oddly proportioned, mangled looking, etc. This is a big point of insecurity for him and reflects on his stand.)
Art History: 4 (Oscar has an almost photographic memory of historical works of art, and is uncannily adept with objects he pulls from paintings. E.g. if he picked up a regular sword, he would have no idea what to do with it or how to wield it. If he pulled a sword from a historical painting, he’d be quite skilled with it.)
Stand Name: ｢The King of Limbs｣
Stand Type: Long Range Humanoid(?)
Stand Appearance: ｢The King of Limbs｣ takes the appearance of a round-ish (comparable to the head of an octopus) blob of pale beige-yellowish goop around the size of Oscar's torso. The goop it is made out of is thick and paint like, constantly swirling around, dripping and glopping off of TKoL periodically, dissolving within seconds on the ground.
TKoL has a constant red aura of energy glowing around it, along with several (2-4) elongated arms with malformed and disfigured hands made out of a brighter, more concentrated version of this energy. TKoL has a pair of large ovular eyes on its “face”; it can see through these, as can Oscar, but they appear to just be static on the surface, not blinking or moving at all, simply staring forward with very large, also ovular, pupils.
Stand Ability: The King of Limbs can, simply put, take anything out of or put anything into any work of art. “Art” counts as any visual creative medium such as photography, paintings, video games, etc. Oscar can take pieces of things that are whole in paintings i.e. if there were a chair, he could specifically take out a chair leg, and he can take things out of things that would logically be there in real life, i.e. if there were a painting of an apple he’d be able to take out the seeds. Things taken out of paintings are identical to what their real life counterparts would be; an apple is an apple, you can bite into it and it tastes like one. The inside of paintings are fully explorable and are on a scale as large as needed to portray what is in the painting; if a painting has a road trailing off into the distance, the whole road is traversable up to the point where the painting ends. If several paintings are in a close vicinity in range, the paintings become traversable through swirling paint-like portals. Due to insecurities regarding his art, Oscar cannot use The King of Limbs on his own paintings.
Power: S-1 (While The King of Limbs has little power of its own, the limbs being quite frail and don’t pack much of a punch, the objects it takes out of paintings have their own power; i.e., a gun or a sword taken out of a painting would still be able to shoot or cut people. Objects taken out of art can interact with stands, as well (The power levels of which are considered on a case by case basis). Any supernatural powers such as omnipotence or godliness would not be extended to the real world; things with such powers only have those in the paintings. Despite its relative weakness, when dragging something into or pulling something out of a painting, no matter how heavy the object is or how much it resists, TKoL seems to possess unparalleled strength, and has little issue carrying anything as long as its from a painting (This only applies until it puts the object down, in which case it has the regular weight to TKoL); a caveat to this is that Oscar can only pull unwilling people into paintings if he catches them by surprise, so this ability would not work in combat.)
Speed: D (The King of Limbs is rather sluggish in its movements, but not absurdly so, its arm movements being more fluid than its general bodily movements.)
Range: B (While its main body stays close to Oscar, its limbs can reach up to 30 meters; objects taken out of paintings persist beyond this range.)
Durability: D (It isn't really the most durable Stand, about the same as a normal human. Its limbs can be damaged but they recreate near instantaneously if they’re destroyed or damaged beyond use.)
Precision: A (It can take even the tiniest details from art and realize them, and can make them function just how they did in the art. Additionally, the Stand has pinpoint accurate eyesight.)
Stand Oddities: As mentioned, its limbs respawn near instantaneously if they are destroyed.
Fighting Style: Oscar generally takes the back seat to Niyaz in combat. He is less used to fighting than his partner, and thus generally acts as support for the youth. He is more or less nonlethal, trying to focus on keeping Niyaz from doing anything drastic, though he is competent in close range.
Link to the Official Player Spreadsheet
|Team ||Combatant ||JoJolity |
|Eternal Consumption Engine ||Electric Grapevine ||“One cartload of the enemy's provisions is equivalent to twenty of one's own.” You like Istanbul, and these little gift shacks. Use the objects in the souvenir and food carts in your strategy! |
|YMCA: GIT GUD ||Baba O'Riley ||“The end and aim of spying in all its five varieties is knowledge of the enemy.” You haven’t got any good pictures so far, and you are absolutely not going home empty handed. Get as many unique pictures from as many different angles as possible! |
|La Horde Aurique ||Niyaz Jamilev and Oscar K. Computer ||“The consummate leader cultivates the moral law, and strictly adheres to method and discipline.” There’s nothing better than a good retainer, and of course, retainers like to be useful. Use as little from outside the paintings in Oscar’s inventory as possible! |
Link to R1 Match Schedule
As always, if you would like to interact with the tournament community and be among the first to get updates for the tournament, please feel free to PM a member of our Judge staff for an invite to our Official Discord Server!
submitted by CPU_Dragon
to StardustCrusaders [link] [comments]
2018.08.06 17:32 Puffin_Fitness The Shadows of Erik Prince: Peter Thiel and Trump-Russia
Erik Prince keeps popping up in the Trump-Russia investigation, but is always elusive. In this post I detail the many ways Prince associates, his “shadows”, have instigated the Trump-Russia scandal. Erik Prince's link to Palantir: Buzzy Krongrad
In 2001, after terrorists flew planes into New York City’s World Trade Center, Prince called up Buzzy Krongard of the CIA (1) and attained Blackwater’s first contract with the US military, sending Prince right into the center of the War on Terror in Afghanistan (2) where he worked for both the CIA (3) and JSOC (4), the later commanded by General Stanley McChrystal (5).
Krongard later joined the board of Blackwater in 2006, only to step down embroiled in a scandal the following year (6)(7).
While working at the CIA, Buzzy created a subdivision called Information Technologies (8) that spawned In-Q-Tel, a CIA-backed venture capital firm seeking to invest in the rapidly advancing tech industry. Buzzy currently sits on its board of Trustees (9). In 2005, In-Q-Tel invested into Palantir (10).
Erik Prince’s and Palantir’s link to the Kremlin: Tiger Fund
Julian Robertson has strong ties with Trent Lott and Dick DeVos, Erik Prince’s brother-in-law. All three sit on the Children’s Scholarship Fund board (1) and Robertson donates to Betsy DeVos’s the American Federation for Children Action Fund (2). Trent Lott himself gained a bit of infamy in 1997 when, along with Newt Gingrich, he slipped in a last minute tax break for Dick DeVos’ Amway into a contentious tax compromise bill. Four months later DeVos and his wife together donated $1 million to the GOP (3).
In 2006, a Julian Robertson-seeded hedge fund run my Chase Coleman, Tiger Fund, invested in DST (4). By the end of 2009 DST would own 10% of Facebook (5), financed by the Russian-state-owned Gazprom, as revealed by the Paradise Papers (6).
A Moscow source said: "DST has the backing of the big boys at the top in the Kremlin, which is why it will go from strength to strength" (7).
In 2008, Tiger Fund invested into Palantir (8).
Erik Prince’s ties to Michael Flynn: Stanley McChrystal
In 2009, Palantir hired Stanley McChrystal’s top CDR, Douglas Philippone, who commanded multiple JSOC outstations in Afghanistan (1) that Prince had worked with. On July 2, 2010, McChrystal’s deputy of intelligence, Michael Flynn, put in an urgent request to purchase Palantir for McChrystals troops after two Palantir reps visited him (2 page 4), though by June 23, McChrystal had resigned from the military. Five days after his resignation, Tiger Fund invested into Facebook (3).
In July, 2010 Eric Prince moved to Abu Dhabi and founded Reflex Response, R2 (4), financed by Prince Zayed himself, while McChrystal founded McChrystal Group and joined the board of Knowledge International (5), a licensed arms dealer with close ties to the UAE government with only two listed addresses: one the home of Stanley McChrystal in Virginia, and the other in Abu Dhabi (6).
Three months later in Aspen McChrystal talked about his resignation during a private event. Julian Robertson was in attendance (7). As late as March 2015, Michael Flynn and Stanley McChrystal continued to work together to push Palantir (9), but with Palantir’s biggest pusher resigned from the military, Palantir needed another connection. Luckily Erik Prince and Julian Robertson had plenty. In 2010 Palantir hired two lobbyist, Trent Lott and John Breaux at Patton Boggs (8).
By the time Palantir hired Lott and Breaux, Lott already had his own Russian connection. In 2006, the same year Tiger Fund was investing in a Russian tech company linked to Gazprom, Gazprom’s subsidiary, Gazprombank, hired the lobbying firm, Ketchum. On April 25, 2007 Ketchum emailed Trent Lott’s National Security Advisor, Mitch Waldman, about “Russia,” according to the vague FARA disclosure (10). By 2014, Trent Lott and John Breaux would snag Gazprombank as a client themselves (11).
That same year, 2014, Flynn was fired from his military position. Soon enough he founded Flynn Intel Group registered at the same address at McChrystal’s home (12). December 2015, Michael Flynn visited Sergey Kislyak at Kislyak's home (13) and dined with Putin in Moscow (14) On September 20, 2016, Rohrabacher met with Flynn at Flynn Intel Group, a meeting probed by Mueller (15).
Patton Boggs and Erik Prince back-channels to Russia
Patton Boggs and Erik Prince play a diverse and central roll in the Trump-Russia scandal- like P-B lawyer Don McGahn working on Trump’s campaign (1) and P-B working with Trump’s personal lawyer, Michael Cohen (2)- so I’ll break the connections down one at a time. Follow the two immediate links below and scroll through the years to find Patton-Boggs' (later Squire-Patton-Boggs) many lobbying clients.
Patton-Boggs: 2010-2014 https://www.opensecrets.org/lobby/firmsum.php?id=D000022176&year=2010
Squire-Patton-Boggs: 2014- https://www.opensecrets.org/lobby/firmsum.php?id=D000067299
Maricopa County hired Patton Boggs from 2010-2012. Maricopa County’s sherriff at the time was Joe Arapio, whom Trump pardoned for his crimes in 2017.
In 2011 Trump met with Steve Bannon over a possible 2011 run for the presidency (1). Soon after, Trump and Arapio heavily pushed the Obama birther conspiracy (2)(3) and Trump would later even emulate Arpaio’s “concentration camps” (4)(5). At the time Arpaio worked closely with Steven Seagal, even raiding a home with a military tank in September, 2011(6). Steven Seagal shared a business partner with Paul Manafort, Julius Nasso, who was connected to the Gambino crime family and worked with Manafort selling Russian nuclear tech in the US (7). in 2016, Vladimir Putin would personally reward Seagal with Russian citizenship (8).
On March 19 2013, Rohrabacher met with Paul Manafort, Vin Weber, and Rick Gates while Manafort was working as an unregistered foreign agent of Ukraine and their pro-Russian Party of Regions (9), a meeting central to Gates guilty plea in the Mueller investigation (10). Two months later Dana Rohrabcher met with the Russian FSB and the head of the FSB, Prime Minister Dmitri Rogozin, arranged and attended by none other than Steven Seagal (11) (12).
The man who introduced Steven Seagal to Vladimir Putin, Bob Van Ronkel, happened to attend Donald Trump's Miss Universe 2013 contest in Moscow (13).
At the same time, Peter Thiel’s Palantir hired Patton-Boggs from 2010-2014.
Peter Thiel is a terrible person. Peter Thiel wrote a book about how politically-correct “multiculturalism” has had a debilitating impact on higher education (1), wrote that woman’s sufferage was bad for democracy (2), ran an unethical human herpes experiment offshore (3), and vouched for monopolies (4). Peter Thiel is the embodiment of the alt-right. In 2016 he gave a speech at Donald Trump’s inauguration (5), donated $1.25 million in support of Trump’s cause to various SuperPACs (5), and joined Trump’s transition team (6). One SuperPAC Peter Thiel donated to, along with Erik Prince, was the Mercer-back Make America #1 that funded scandal-plagued and now defunct Cambridge Analytica (7). Peter Thiel showed reporter Maureen Dowd a photo of Thiel, Erik Prince, and Donald Trump together at the "Heroes and Villains" party held in Dec 2016 (14).
The same year Palantir hired Patton-Boggs, the president of the Russian federation and former head of Gazprom, Dmitry Medvedev, visited Silicone Valley along with a cadre of figures central to Trump-Russia including: Yuri Milner of DST (8); Russian "top spy" Sergey Kislyak (9); and Victor Vekselberg of Skolkovo, who is under investigation by Mueller (10). While there, they recruited Google’s Eric Schmidt to join the board of Vekselberg’s Skolkovo (11). According to US intelligence, Skolkovo was likely a Russian spy facility. Schmidt’s daughter, Sophia, later interned at Cambridge Analytica’s parent company, SCL, and recommended CA work with Palantir (12); and Vekselberg later held a mysterious meeting with Michael Cohen at Trump Tower (13).
Erick Prince’s link to Peter Thiel and Dana Rohrabacher: Paul Behrends
While Peter Thiel was on Trump’s transition team, he held a four hour phone call with Stephen Bannon and Dana Rohrabacher (1). Since then, Rohrabacher’s right hand man, Paul Behrends, has become one of Thiel’s greatest confidants (2) and even arranged a meeting between Thiel and Pro-Putin Hungarian Prime Minster’s senior visor, Jeno Megyesy (5). Paul Behrends was the one that arranged Rohrabacher’s many visits into Russia and even joined in, including a meeting with Russian agent Veselnitskaya in April 2016 (3), two months before the infamous Trump Tower meeting.
Paul Behrends is also close with Erik Prince and arranged for Prince to intern with freshman rep Dana Rohrabacher back in 1990 when Prince was still a college student (4). In 1998, when Erik Prince opened up Blackwater, Behrends became a partner at the now infamous Alexander Strategy Group and lobbied extensively for Blackwater (5). ASG then arranged for Dana Rohrabacher’s visit to Prince’s Blackwater compound (6).
Facebook hired Patton-Boggs from 2012-2015.
In 2012, Mark Zuckerberg visited Vekselberg and Medvedev in Moscow (1). While there, Zuckerberg had an interesting conversation with Medvedev:
Mr. Zuckerberg and Mr. Medvedev talked about Facebook’s role in politics, though only jokingly in reference to its importance in the American presidential campaign, according to Mr. Medvedev’s press office. (2)
Erik Prince's link to Cambridge Analytica: Vincent Tchenguiz, Black Cube, Ko Chun Shun, Palantir, Mark Zuckerberg, Eric Schmidt, and Michael Flynn
In 2013 Facebook and Palantir joined forces at Cambridge Analytica following Eric Schmidt's daughter's suggestion (1). At the suggestion of a Palantir employee, Alfredas Chmieliauskas, suspected Russian spies Aleksander Kogan and Joseph Chancellor hacked Facebook and sold the data to CA (2) with Steve Bannon’s approval (3). Palantir employees later worked on that data (4). All the while, Facebook and Google hand embeds in Cambridge Analytica’s operation (5).
Prior to the formation of Cambridge Analytica, CA’s parent company, SCL, was owned by billionaire Robert Mercer (6) and Vincent Tchenguiz (7). After Tchenguiz divested from SCL, his employee, Julian Wheatland, stayed on the board (8). Israel's Dorian Barak introduced Prince to Tchenguiz with the hope of forming a joint venture together (9). Tchenguiz contracted with Black Cube after SFO raided Tchenguiz's Kaupthing for its links to Alfa-Bank and possible fraud (10)(11).
The Trump campaign has hired Ted Cruz’s former data-analysis firm, Cambridge Analytica—and in doing so, it has connected itself with a British property tycoon, Vincent Tchenguiz, and through him with the Ukrainian oligarch Dmitry Firtash, a business associate of Trump’s campaign manager, Paul Manafort, who resigned last week. (12)
Once CA collected Facebook's hacked data, they needed to spread to find a way to use it. Erik Prince then arranged a meeting on August 3, 2016, between Donald Trump Jr., George Nader, and Black Cube agent Joel Zamel (13), an Israeli that specialized in social media manipulation. Zamel had already drawn up a multi-million dollar social media campaign to elect Trump (14). However, when the CA scandal broke, CA shut down, but soon after a new analytics company formed, Emerdata, with many of the same board members as the defunct CA, but with a new name to the list- Erik Prince’s business associate Johnson Ko Chun Shun (15).
Squire Patton-Boggs, representing CA, threatened to sue the Guardian over articles on Facebook’s data breach (16).
Reflex Responses and Spectrum Health
More directly, in 2011, Erik Prince’s own R2 hired Patton Boggs and from 2011-2012 Dick DeVos’s Spectrum Health hired Patton-Boggs as well.
In still one of the biggest mysterious of the Trump-Russia saga, during the 2016 campaign Spectrum Health’s servers pinged servers at Trump Org and that of Russian bank Alfabank, a phenomenon currently under investigation by Mueller (1).
Exxon-Mobil hired Patton Boggs from 2012-2014.
Within that timeframe, Exxon-Mobil’s Rex Tillerson penned a deal with Rosneft’s Igor Sechin that earned him the Russian Order of Friendship directly from Vladimir Putin (1). That deal also broke US sanctions law and Exxon-Mobil was fined $2 million (2). Rex Tillerson would become Trump’s Secretary of State after Russia rejected Mitt Romney as a choice (3).
Erickson worked his GOP connections to try to influence Trump’s transition team and the new administration’s staffing. Butina and Torshin discussed who might be appointed secretary of state, with Butina asking how “our people” felt about one name, per the affidavit. (4)
Apollo Global Management
From 2013-2015 Leon Black’s Apollo Global Management hired Patton Boggs.
Erik Prince’s associate Buzzy Krongrad joined the AGM’s board in 2011 (1). That same year Alexander Torshin’s
sanctioned Sberbank formed the Russian Direct Investment Fund, or RDIF, and AGM’s head, Leon Black, joined the RDIF board (2). (Russian spy Maria Butina later reported to Torshin on her infiltration of the NRA (3)).
In January 2013, Peter Thiel’s associate, Max Levchin, met up with Sberbank’s Herman Greff in Davos during Victor Pinchuk’s Ukrainian Lunch (4). Then in February, Donald Trump’s close associate, Rudy Giuliani, happened to bump into Emin Agalarov (5). Emin hung out with Trump himself in Vegas four months later during the Miss USA pageant, where Trump announced that Miss Universe 2013 would be held in Moscow (6). While in Moscow Herman Greff signed a contract with Donald Trump to finance a Trump Tower Moscow (7).
In 2013 Michael Flynn visited the GRU (8) and in January 2014, three months after Trump signed the contract with Greff, a former Sberbank employee and Cambridge University student, Svetlana Lokhova, met Flynn at a conference known for being a Russian spy’s nest (9). At some point Michael Flynn would become an advisor to Cambridge Analytica (10), founded by Steve Bannon at that very same Cambridge University (11).
In December 2016 "Kushner, Flynn and Kislyak also talked about arranging a meeting between a representative of Trump and a “Russian contact” in a third country whose name was not identified" (20). In January 2017 Prince Zayed and George Nader introduced Erik Prince to the head of the RDIF, Kirill Dmitriev. (Nader is currently cooperating with the Mueller investigation into that meeting) (12). Patton-Boggs has worked closely with Prince Zayed’s father, Sultan Al Nahyan, for over 20 years (19).
Leon Black is good friends with Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump (13) and, in 2016, AGM loaned Jared Kushner’s company $180 million, which is currently under investigation (14). That same year, while Krongard was still on the board for AGM, AGM bought Prince’s Blackwater through Constellis (15)(16). Then in 2017 Tiger Fund invested into AGM (17) while Erik Prince lobbied Donald Trump to provide the CIA with a private network of intelligence contractors (18).
Erik Prince's other exploits: Mike Pence, True Pundit, and Christophe Charlier
Along the way, Erik Prince played other roles in the Trump campaign. For example Erik Prince and Rudy Guiliani worked together to intimidate James Comey into reopening the FBI case against Clinton (1).
He was also integral in getting Mike Pence selected as Donald Trump's VP. When Prince returned to America after Blackwater gunned down 17 civilians in the Nisour Square Massacre, Pence greeted him with a party. Prince became a top donator to Pence (2). When Paul Manafort pushed for Trump to choose Pence as VP, Manafort's long-time business associates, Rick Gates and Tom Barrack, were working with Erik Prince-agent Michael Flynn on a plan to build nuclear plants across the US (3). In 2011 Prince had signed a contract with UAE to supply security to a string of nuclear power plants across the Middle East, none of which had been built yet (4).
Prince also had a number of email exchanges with Russian banker and Rusal board member, Christophe Charlier. Charlier's chaired at the Russian bank, Renaissance Capital, linked the to the KGB and FSB. His boss owned part of Oleg Deripaska's Rusal and later Charlier became a board member to Rusal himself. Charlier had introduced Prince to a member of Glencore that was involved in the purchase of Rosneft shares described in the Steel dossier as a way of paying Trump and his associates for their work (5).
In another avenue, Joseph Schmitz of Trump's National Security Council during the campaign also happened to be the ex-board member of Erik Prince's Blackwater holding company.
submitted by Puffin_Fitness
to RussiaLago [link] [comments]
2018.04.10 22:21 Puffin_Fitness Piecing together Trump-Russia with a focus on Erik Prince
Dana Rohrabacher Before He was Russia's favorite Congressman
In the 80‘s while serving in the Reagan administration, Rohrabacher fought against the Soviet Union. He helped formulate the Reagan Doctrine of supporting native rebel forces against Soviet-friendly governments (1). This policy eventually led to the Iran-Contra scandal where the US indirectly (through Israel and the CIA) sold weapons to Iran and then took a portion of those proceeds to finance anti-communists forces in Nicaragua.
A key player in the Iran-Contra scandal, Oliver North, was indicted and convicted for his role in 1988. Despite this, he managed to campaign for Rohrabacher’s run for an Orange County congressional seat that same year, calling Rohrabacher a “true friend” (2).
Shortly after Rohrabacher won his first election into congress, he joined the mujahideen anti-Soviet forces on the front line of Afghanistan, a perfect representation of the Reagan Doctrine in action (3), where he supposedly met Osama bin Laden (4).
Through the 90‘s, Rohrabacher passionately fought on behalf of Afghanistan’s exhiled king, Muhammad Zahir Shah, to be reinstated into Afgahnistan. Also, true to his spirit, Rohrabacher continued his globe-trotting adventures, claimed to have arm wrestled Putin while Putin was mayor of St. Petersburg in the early 90‘s (5), as well as hitched a ride with a UN convoy attempting to coalesce anti-Taliban forces that included the likes of Mossoud and Abdul Rashid Dostum after the Taliban took over Kabul (3).
But Rohrabacher’s stance on the Taliban appear murkier than he suggests. He stated the Taliban were not “terrorists or revolutionaries” and “their takeover of Afghanistan would be a positive development” for the United States. Five months before the September 11th attacks in 2001, Rohrabacher, along with Khaled Saffuri, visited the Taliban group linked to Osama bin Laden who requested increasing their US aid (6), leading fellow Congress members to accuse Rohrabacher of violating the Logan Act that prohibits private citizens from making unofficial negotiations with foreign powers (3).
Erik Prince's Blackwater and the CIA
In 1990 Erik Prince interned with Rohrabacher, where he supposedly uncovered mass graves ordered under President Daniel Ortega in Nicaragua, where the Contras fought (1). Curiously that same year Erik Prince founded Frontier Services Group headquartered in Hong Kong and partly owned by the Chinese government through CITIC Group. Its mission- to help Chinese corporations work safely in Africa by providing logistics and security (2).
Though Prince and Rohrabacher remained friends over the years, Prince even hosting a fundraiser for Rohrabcher in 2018 (3), by 1993 Prince had left Rohrabacher to become a member of SEAL Team 8 stationed in Norfolk, Virginia. In 1996, Prince’s father, Edgar, passed away and his business sold for $1.35 billion. With his share, Erik Prince bought a large swamp in North Carolina and turned it into an elite training ground for SEALs, SWAT teams, and military and police officers, opening its doors in 1998. He named it Blackwater (4).
Blackwater’s stated purpose was “to fulfill the anticipated demand for government outsourcing of firearms and related security training" (5). President of Blackwater, Gary Jackson, who in 2010 was indicted on weapons charges (10), introduced Alvin “Buzzy” Krongard to Erik Prince at Blackwater. Both Erik Prince and Krongard’s son happened to be ex-Navy Seals (6). The two quickly hit it off, hunting together near Blackwater’s North Carolina training ground and at Mr. Krongard’s hunting club in Maryland (7). That same year, 1998, Krongard moved from the world of tech finance to the CIA.
Buzzy became the third-ranking official of the CIA between 2001 and 2004 when the agency employed “harsh interrogation tactics,” which he later agreed was torture (7). In 2002, Krongard acted as intermediary when Prince received his first CIA contract for private security in Afghanistan (8).
Palantir and the CIA
In July 1997, George Tenet was appointed Director of Central Intelligence. By February 1 of 1998, Krongard joined Tenet as counselor to DCI (1). Immediately after joining the CIA, Krongard reorganized the agency’s into five entities, including Information Technologies (1). Soon, In-Q-Tel was spawned as a way to “take advantage of the technology that Las Vegas uses to identify corrupt card players and apply it to link analysis for terrorists, and to adapt the technology that online booksellers use and convert it to scour millions of pages of documents looking for unexpected results.” (3) In-Q-Tel's cofounder, Gilman Louie, also became CEO (7).
Meanwhile, Peter Thiel made his own first strides into Siliconhttps://wickr.com/wickr-raises-30m-series-b-led-by-jim-breyer Valley, returning to his alma mater, Standford, and partnering with Max Levchin on the beginnings of what became PayPal. Paypal’s first outside investments came from Nokia and Deutsche Bank, whom sent them $3 million in venture funding through their app .
On October 2002, Payball sold to eBay, and by May 2003, Thiel founded Palantir in Palo Alto based on anti-fraud code originally developed for PayPal. One year later, Thiel became Facebook’s first outside investor as he put in half a million dollars into the rapidly growing site that had just moved its office to Palo Alto (4).
While developing Facebook, Zuckerberg had little intentions of protecting people’s privacy:
ZUCK: yea so if you ever need info about anyone at harvard
ZUCK: just ask
ZUCK: i have over 4000 emails, pictures, addresses, sns
FRIEND: what!? how'd you manage that one?
ZUCK: people just submitted it
ZUCK: i don't know why
ZUCK: they "trust me"
ZUCK: dumb fucks (5)
In May 2005 Jim Breyer of Accel Partners invested $1 million of his own money into Facebook and gained a seat on the board with Zuckerberg and Thiel (8). One of the first companies Breyer ever invested in was Gilman Louie's Spectrum HoloByte in the 80's (9). Four months later In-Q-Tel invested $2 million into Palantir (6).
In late 2004 Krongard stepped down from his rank-three position at the CIA after Bush appointed Porter Gross as CIA director. Weeks later he vouched for Osama bin Laden’s freedom (1). In 2006 he joined the Blackwater board that contracted heavily with the CIA while his brother, Cookie Krongard, still worked at the agency (2). When proof surfaced of the apparent conflict of interest, Cookie recused himslelf of all matters Blackwater and eventually Buzzy stepped down from the Blackwater board on November 2007 (3).
Avoiding notice, however, was Cofer Black, who also joined Blackwater in 2006 and happened to have been the director of the CIA’s Counterterrorist Center (CTC) at the time of the September 11 attack. He was also chairman of Total Intelligence Solutions, Inc., who’s president, Robert Richer, was formerly the head of the CIA's Near East Division (4).
But that was just a glimpse of the deep corruption infiltrating the entire Blackwater organization.
Eric Princes’ Downfall
Eric Prince’s Blackwater had worked for both the CIA (1) and JSOC (2). By 2007, however, Blackwater was engulfed by a number of scandals and accusations. Among them included:
- Murdered individuals cooperating with the FBI investigation into Blackwater.
- Smuggled weapons into Iraq, sometimes in dog food bags.
- Procured and distributed illegal weapons.
- Deployed individuals to Iraq not properly vetted.
- Failed to prevent the killing of innocent Iraqis.
- Sent back rejected contractors with line, “stop costing the company money.”
- Fired mental health officials that failed to greenlight unfit men.
- Deleted evidence of abuse.
- Procured and used illegal ammunition.
- Money laundering and tax evasion. (3)
The event that ultimately led to the downfall of Blackwater was the Nisour Square Massacre on September 16, 2007, where 17 Iraqis were killed by Blackwater employees. Eventually four employees were convicted of various crimes including murder and man slaughter (4).
In response, Senator Hillary Clinton co-sponsored a bill to end private mercenary contracts in Iraq (5). While Clinton eventually fall short of that promise, in April 2009 the State Department, headed by Clinton, did not renew its contract with Blackwater (6).
Interesting, Rohrabacher once claimed “Prince is on his way to being an American hero just like Ollie North was” (7). Ultimately, Prince was being accused a smuggling weapons, similar to the operation Oliver North was involved in through the Iran-Contra scandal.
Tiger Cub's Palantir investment
Billionaire Julian Robertson made his fortune through his hedge fund, Tiger Management, and has close ties to Dick Devos and his wife, Betsy Devos, Erik Prince’s sister. Julian Robertson sits on the board of the Children’s Scholarship Fund with Trent Lott and Dick DeVos (1), and is a major donor to Betsy DeVos’ the American Federation for Children Action Fund (2).
Trent Lott himself is also associated with Erik Princes’ sister. In 1997 Trent Lott, along with Newt Gingrich, slipped in a last minute $19 million tax break for Dick DeVos’ Amway Asian branches into a contentious tax compromise bill just fourth months after Richard DeVos and Helen DeVos together donated $1 million to the GOP (8).
Chase Coleman is a protege of Julian Robertson, working under him since 1997. When Robertson closed his fund in 2000 under poor performance, he seeded Coleman’s Tiger Global Management, or Tiger Fund, making Coleman an official Tiger Cub. Chase also co-chaired Robertson’s Tiger Foundation (3).
Tiger Fund started investing heavily into tech and in 2008 Tiger Fund added Palantir to its list of ventures (5). After that point, everything at Palantir changed. Up until that investment, Palantir struggled to gain traction in the intelligence community, snubbed by acquisition (6). Soon after Tiger Fund’s investment, Stanley McChrystal’s top CDR who had commanded JSOC outposts, Douglas Philippone, joined Palantir and Palantir started making small inroads selling its product directly to combat units (6 pg 4). in 2010 they hire friend of Julian Robertson and the DeVos family, Trent Lott, as well as John Breaux, as lobbyists (7).
Then Palantir found a friend in Philippone’s old boss, General Stanley McChrystal, who Trump considered as a possible Secretary of State (10), as well his protege and Trump’s future National Security Advisor, Michael Flynn. McChrystal commanded JSOC from 2003-2008 which had contracted with Erik Prince’s Blackwater (9). The fan club grew to Trump’s future National Security Advisor after Flynn, HR McMaster, and Trump’s future Secretary of Defense, James Mattis. Flynn even filed a JUNOS, an urgent request, to buy Palantir for McChrystal’s troops (6 pg 4) before McChrystal left his post in Afghanistan under a less than ideal situation.
As late as 2015, McChrystal and Flynn pushed Palantir to clients (10).
But to understand the significance of Tiger Fund’s investment into Palantir, we need to know what was going on in the world of social media.
The Social Media Mafia
Hong Kong seemed to be the center of maneuvering in the nascent but rapidly growing social media empire during the 2000‘s.
In 2005, Rupert Murdoch bought MySpace (1), at the time bigger than Facebook, and sent his wife at the time, Wendi Deng, to open an office in Hong Kong (2).
In 2006, Steve Bannon, a Goldman Sachs alum, moved to Hong Kong to work for Internet Gaming Entertainment and was promoted in 2007 after convincing Goldman Sachs to invest in the company (14).
In 2008 Hong Kong billionaire Li Ka-Shing, who’s son once sold to Murdoch StarTV where Deng once interned, invested $100 million into Facebook (4).
In September 2008, the same year Chase Coleman invested into Palantir, Roman Abramovich associate Alisher Usmanov took a controlling stake in Yuri Milner’s DST (5). In November, Yuri Milner sat with Mark Zuckerberg at a Starbucks in Palo Alto discussing raising a billion dollars in 60 days (6). In January of 2009, DST Global registered in Hong Kong (7) and was run by Goldman Sach alums, including Alex Tamas in London (14). In May DST invested $200 million dollars into Facebook (8), financed by Gazprom (9) while Alisher Usmanov was general director of Gazprom Investment Funding (10).
By 2010, DST also owned Russia’s most popular social networking site, VKontakte (3), and Tiger Fund invested in Facebook (15). From 2010-2015 Goldman Sachs hired Trent Lott and John Breaux of Patton-Boggs (17). In 2011, Goldman Sachs invested $450 million into Facebook, spurred on by Yuri Milner of DST (16).
So in 2011, Mark Zuckerberg, Peter Thiel, Yuri Milner, Alisher Usmanov, Rupert Murdoch, and Wendi Deng owned most of the world’s data, forming the Social Media Mafia. They also were friends and business partners (11)(12)(13). And it just so happened Peter Thiel ran a company devoted to analyzing social media networks, Palantir.
Erik Prince goes to Abu Dhabi
At the same time the Social Media Mafia was solidifying their global empire, Palantir’s inroads into the US intelligence apparatus was falling apart.
On June 23, 2010, one of Palantir’s biggest fans, General Stanley McChrystal, resigned from his post in Afghanistan after a report exposed disparaging comments he made about Obama and administration members (1). Three months later, in September, Julian Robertson attended a private event in Aspen featuring Stanley McChrystal that focused on his resignation (2). June 28th, three days later, Julian Robertson’s seed company, Tiger Fund, invested into Facebook (3).
Interestingly, Stanley McChrystal then founded McChrytal Group (8) and was spotted at the Sun Valley Tech conference along with Peter Thiel and Alex Karp of Palantir, Mark Zuckerberg, Rupert Murdoch, Chase Coleman of Tiger Fund, and Trump’s future Secretary of Transportation Wilbur Ross (12).
Wilbur Ross attended Chase Coleman's wedding (11) and has strong ties to Russia through Viktor Vekselberg, the Bank of Cyprus, and Navigator Holdings.
Stanley McChrystal joined the board of Siemens Government Technologies with ties to Iran’s nuclear program (9). German nuclear equipment was smuggled into Iran through China (15). Mikhail Fridman’s Alfa-Bank financed Atomstryoexport, which in turn financed Iran's power plant in Bushehr (14).
And Stanley McChrystal joined the strategic board for Knowledge International (8), a licensed arms dealer with close ties to the UAE government. In fact, Knowledge International only has two addresses: one the home of Stanley McChrystal in Virginia, and the other in Abu Dhabi (10).
Then in July of 2010, Eric Prince moved to Abu Dhabi to work in “the energy field” (4) and founded Reflex Responses, or R2 (6). In 2011 R2 hired Palantir lobbyists Trent Lott and John Breaux’s of Patton-Boggs (7). R2 received a mulit-million dollar contract from UAE Prince Zayed to protect a string of planned nuclear power plants across the Middle East and provide cyber security (13).
Marshall Plan of the Middle East
Michael Flynn forwarded a memo for a Marshall Plan in the Middle East pushed by a company, IP3, he represented in fall 2016 (1). The plan hinged on the US dropping sanctions on Russia so Russian companies, including OMZ OAO, could partner with US companies, including ACU Strategic Partners, to build nuclear reactors across the Middle East (2). During Trump’s inauguration Flynn texted his business partner that those sanctions would be “ripped up” (3).
ACU intended to convince Ukraine to support lifting of Russian sanctions in exchange for a $45 billion contract to provide turbine generators for the nuclear facilities in Saudi Arabia and other Middle Eastern countries (2). This was the crux of the Ukrainian Peace Plan Ukrainian lawmaker Andrii Artemenko handed to Felix Sater and Michael Cohen to deliver to the desk of Michael Flynn. Unfortunately for them Flynn was fired just as the envelop arrived (4).
In May 2010, shortly before Prince moved to the UAE, UAE-based Dodsal Group began talks with Russia’s AtomEnergoMash on the supply and production of nuclear power equipment as well as technology transfer and consultancy services.
When Obama negotiated with Kislyak a similar plan for Iran, the Iran Nuclear Deal (8), UAE's ambassador said the UAE no longer feels bound to refrain from enriching uranium itself (10).
The Marshall Plan was likely at the heart of Flynn’s negotiations during Trump’s transition that led to Flynn’s lying to the FBI.
Negotiating the Marshall Plan
- Michael Flynn first met Donald Trump in the summer of 2015 (15).
- On Dec 2, 2015, Michael Flynn and his son visited Kislyak at his D.C. residence (16). Eight Days later he attended an RT gala in Moscow with Viktor Vekselberg and Jill Stein (17). Late December Ed Cox of the Center for the National Interest, or CNI, introduced Russian spy Carter Page to the Trump campaign.
- On April 27, 2016, Sergey Kislyak met Jeff Sessions, Jared Kushner, and Donald Trump at a reception sponsored by CNI. Kislyak then sat in the front row for Trump’s first speech on foreign policy (11).
- August 3, 2016, Don Jr, Erik Prince, George Nader (representing Saudia Arabia and the UAE) met with Joel Zamel who specializes in social media manipulation. Zamel had already drawn up a multi-million dollar social media campaign to elect Trump. At the time, Nader was pushing a plan to destabilize Iran using private military contractors similar to Erik Prince's R2 in the UAE (14).
- In September, Jeff Sessions again met with Kislyak in Session’s office (12).
- On December 1, 2016, Jared Kushner and Michael Flynn met with Sergey Kislyak at Trump Tower in order to establish a secret communication channel between Trump's incoming admin and Russia and sending a Trump representative besides Flynn to meet with a Russian agent in a third neutral country (2).
- Dec 12, Ahmed Al-Rumaihi, representing Qatar's sovereign investment fund, QIA, met with Trump's transition and Qatari delegates (19). QIA, along with Glencore, later bought the 19.5% stake in Rosneft (20) mentioned in the Steele Dossier (21).
- Dec 12, Kislyak met Kushner’s deputy at Trump Tower. The following day Sergey Gorkov of US-sanctioned VEB bank met Kushner (1). VEB had financed nuclear plants through Rosatom in Russia-friendly countries like Hungary (2).
- Dec 15, Kushner, Flynn, and Bannon met with Nader and Prince Zayed in New York. Prince Zayed curiously did not inform the Obama administration of his entrance in the US (3). The UAE is close with Russia’s nuclear energy program. In November 2015 Emerati representatives visited Rosatom re the Emirate's Nuclear Energy Corporation contract with TENEX, a subsidiary of Rosatom which provides uranium enrichment services (4). In 2016 Rosatom opened an office in Dubai (8).
- Immediately following the Dec 15th meeting, Prince approached Prince Zayed as an unofficial Trump surrogate and arranged a meeting in Seychelles where they would put Prince in contact with a Putin associate (1).
- On Dec 22, 2016, Kushner ordered Michael Flynn to negotiate sanctions with Sergey Kislyak in breach of the Logan Act and the source of Flynn's lie and guilty plea states Flynn (5). Sanctions against VEB would have to be lifted for the Marshall Plan to move forward.
- Jan 11, 2017, Prince Zayed’s and George Nader introduced Erik Prince to Kirill Dmitriev, head of the Russian Direct Investment Fund, which until 2016 was part of VEB (1). The UAE’s state-owned Mubadala Investment Company has invested heavily in RDIF projects across Russia (6) including a joint deal with Rosneft to develop two Siberian oil fields. The RDIF was also chaired by Leon Black of Apollo (22) who hung out with Kushner at the US Open (24). Apollo purchased Erik Prince's Blackwater in 2016 (23).
- Between January 17th and 20th, Kirill Demitriev then met Anthony Scaramucci in Davos (13).
- Jan 20th, 2017, during Trump’s inaugural address, Flynn texted an old business partner that Russian sanctions would be “ripped up” and that the plan to build nuclear reactors throughout the Middle East was “good to go” (9).
- That same day, Jan 20, 2017, Nader met RNC deputy finance-chairman Elliott Broidy. Nader would eventually try to rope Broidy to influence the Trump admin by dangling the prospect of more than a billion dollar's worth of contracts for Broidy's military contractor, Circinus and delivered deals with the UAE worth $200 million (18).
- Jan 24th, 2017, without a lawyer present, Flynn lied to the FBI (10).
- March 2018 Trump's energy secretary Rick Perry is in talks with Saudi Arabia to hand over them American nuclear tech even though Saudi's Prince Riyadh admits they'll seek a nuclear bomb "if Iran developed a nuclear bomb, we will follow suit as soon as possible" (25).
- May 8, 2018 Trump pulled out of Iran deal intended to keep Iran from enriching their uranium and stop them from developing a nuclear bomb (26).
Flynn was Jared Kushner's Right-Hand Man
- Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump fired Chris Christi from the transition team and brought on board Michael Flynn as a reward for his amazing loyalty to Trump (2) (3).
- Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump pushed Michael Flynn to be Trump's National Security Advisor despite warnings and red flags (4).
- Kushner also met with the Chinese Ambassador to the US, Cui Tiankai, alone and at times with Michael Flynn (5).
- When it was revealed that Flynn lied to the FBI, it was Kushner that pushed Trump to fire Comey (6)
So what was Flynn being so handsomely rewarded for? Jared Kushner lead the Trump campaigns digital operation along with Brad Parscal and in June 2016, Kushner pushed the Trump campaign to hire Cambridge Analytica (1). It would later be revealed Michael Flynn played an advisory role at CA.
Flynn Worked for Team Trump
In June of 2015, the same summer Flynn first met with Donald Trump (2), Flynn traveled to Egypt and Israel as an adviser to X-Co Dynamics and Iron Bridge Group to gauge attitudes about a possible Saudi-financed US-Russian program to help the Middle East acquire nuclear power, later dubbed the Marshall Plan of the Middle East (1). On July 11, 2015 Donald Trump answered a question at the Libertarian Freedom Fest in Las Vegas by Alexander-Torshin-protege, Maria, Butina, about sanctions by telling her, “I don’t think you’d need the sanctions” (3).
On December 10th, Flynn dined with eventual Green Party nominee, Jill Stein, and Vladimir Putin at an RT Gala in Moscow (4).
Flynn later revealed he played an advisory role at Cambridge Analytica (5). Specifically, Flynn worked with hackers to retrieve damaging info on Hillary Clinton, including the 30,000 deleted emails (6) Trump personally requested on live TV for Russia to retrieve (7).
Everything Ties together at Cambridge Analytica
Before Flynn ever met Trump, he was already involved with Russia and perhaps Cambridge Analytica.
In 2013, around the time Robert Mercer and Steve Bannon created Cambridge Analytica (1) and Donald Trump penned at deal for Trump Tower Moscow with Sberbank’s Herman Gref (2), Michael Flynn would be the first US officer to be allowed inside the GRU, where he briefed their entire staff and gave them leadership OPD (3).
Then in February 2014, Flynn met with a former employee of Sberbank (4) and a graduate student at Cambridge University, Svetlana Lokhova, whom had trusted access to Russian spy agency records and was writing a book about GRU spies. After the meeting, the two continued to communicate through email. Flynn would sign his emails as General Misha. Flynn did not disclose this meeting to US authorities and it’s believed the incident is linked to his dismissal from the Obama administration for insubordination (5).
That same year, two researchers at Cambridge University, suspected Russian spy Alexander Kogan and Joseph Chancellor, founded Global Science Research which eventually would hack Facebook user data without user consent (6) through a suggestion from Palantir Employee, Alfredas Chmieliauskas (7). Joseph Chancellor would go on to work at Facebook (6) while Kogan would share the technique to St. Petersburg State University located in the same city as the IRA “Troll Factory” (8).
Paul Manafort’s employer, Dmytro Firtash, is a major benefactor of Cambridge University (11).
Papadopoulos wrote papers for Cambridge University (19).
Facebook, Google, and Twitter all had embeds for the Trump campaign working with Cambridge Analytica (9). So did Palantir. Apparently it was Google’s Eric Schmidt’s daughter, Sophia Schmidt, while interning at Cambridge Analytica, who suggested Cambridge Analytica work with Palantir (10).
Rudy Giuliani’s firm Bracewell-Giuliani (12) did work for Cambridge Analytica and Patton-Boggs represents CA (13).
Jared Kushner pushed for the Trump campaign to hire Cambridge Analytica and he and Brad Parscale worked headed Trump’s digital operation that worked closely with Cambridge Analytica (14).
On July 7, 2016, Carter Page gave a speech at the New Economic School in Moscow, who’s main benefactor is Pyotr Aven of Alfa-Bank. While there he discussed with Igor Sechin a deal of the brokerage fee of .5% of the 19% sale of Rosneft (15). Four days later he met with Paul Manafort agent, Vin Weber, at Cambridge University (16).
Vin Weber is currently under investigation by Robert Mueller (17) and at the center of the meeting Rick Gates lied about in his plea deal with Mueller. The meeting included Rick Gates, Vin Weber, Paul Manafort, and Dana Rohrabacher where they discussed Ukraine (18).
When the Cambridge Analytica scandal broke out, a new data firm was founded: Emerdata. Emerdata had the same board as Cambridge Analytica plus Johnson Chun Shun Ko, executive of Erik Prince’s Hong Kong-based Frontier Services Group (20).
- read the actual memo https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/24/us/politics/democratic-memo-released-fbi-surveillance-carter-page.html
submitted by Puffin_Fitness
to RussiaLago [link] [comments]
2017.11.14 11:56 autotldr ‘One Tree Hill’ Cast, Crew Accuse Showrunner Mark Schwahn of Sexual Harassment
This is the best tl;dr I could make, original
reduced by 74%. (I'm a bot)
The cast members and crew of the drama series "One Tree Hill" have written a letter accusing former showrunner Mark Schwann of sexual harassment and offering support for their former colleague, Audrey Wauchope. Summary Source FAQ Feedback Top keywords: Wauchope#1 women#2 show#3 Schwahn#4 put#5
The cast members and crew, including stars Sophia Bush, Hilarie Burton, and Bethany Joy Lenz, wrote Monday that they "Have chosen this forum to stand together in support of Audrey Wauchope and one another" following statements made by Wauchope - a former writer on the series - on Twitter Saturday accusing Schwann of harassment.
In her Twitter comments, Wauchope described being subjected to frequent and unwanted touching by Schwahn, who she did not identify by name; seeing Schwahn show naked photos of an actress that he was having a sexual relationship with to staffers without the actress' knowledge; and Schwahn calling Wauchope's writing partner into his office to try to talk her out of getting married and into dating him.
All of the female cast members of One Tree Hill have chosen this forum to stand together in support of Audrey Wauchope and one another.
Many of us since have stayed silent publicly but had very open channels of communication in our friend group and in our industry, because we want Tree Hill to remain the place "Where everything's better and everything's safe" for our fans; some of whom have said that the show quite literally saved their lives.
For every male cast mate and crew member who has reached out to our group of women to offer their support these last few days.
Post found in /entertainment.
NOTICE: This thread is for discussing the submission topic. Please do not discuss the concept of the autotldr bot here.
submitted by autotldr
to autotldr [link] [comments]
2015.11.10 02:03 MichaelMyer The Most Likely Solution to the Third Red Devil
(Warning: This post contains major spoilers for Episodes 1-7 if you are not caught up with the show, so please do not read this if you do not want it to be spoiled) There are so many different suspects to be the third Red Devil on Scream Queens, but there’s one who I keep coming back to. Up to this point, Pete still fulfills all of the criteria I can think of for the Red Devil. I was hesitant about him at first when they made him openly suspicious on Episode 2, but now that they are not casting much suspicion on him anymore, I am growing continuously more suspicious of him. Without further ado, here is the evidence I have found so far that Pete is the Red Devil:
• I’ll start with the first clue that sold me on Pete in Episode 1. Pete is the only character who makes sense to have killed Ms. Bean. The only two people in on the plan to dunk her in the grease fryer were Chanel and Ms. Bean (Chanel did not talk about the plan when she was alone in her room with the other Chanels that night, so it’s unlikely they were in on it). It doesn’t really make sense for Chanel to turn on the fryer considering she knew she would be dunking Ms. Bean in front of everyone, which means they would all know that she committed the murder. If Chanel wanted Ms. Bean dead, she would more likely kill her alone and make it look like an accident so that nobody else would know. Ms. Bean would have no reason to turn on the fryer when she knew she would be dunked into it that evening, so it couldn’t be her. Nobody else was in on the plan; however, it could have been overheard. Chanel originally told her plan to Ms. Bean in the coffee shop and conveniently, Pete was only a few feet away preparing her coffee. Pete would have overheard every word she said and he would know to turn on the fryer to kill Ms. Bean. He also has a clear motive to have turned on the fryer from the same scene. As Grace left the coffee shop, Pete begged her not to join Kappa, but she insisted that she would join anyway. Chanel originally planned to scare off the new pledges by dunking Ms. Bean in the grease, but the plan would be even more likely to succeed if Pete turned on the fryer and let Chanel actually burn Ms. Bean’s face off. Ms. Bean’s death could have served as a means for Pete to try to prevent Grace from joining Kappa before it could corrupt her.
• Continuing on the topic of Ms. Bean’s death, the coffee shop scene is not the only reason I believe Pete was responsible. Someone egged Chanel on to impulsively dunk Ms. Bean without checking the grease by setting up a Chanel shrine in Ms. Bean’s room. The shrine contained a very large variety of Chanel pictures with the eyes cut out, which makes me think the person who set it up is someone obsessed with Chanel, because they have so many unique pictures of her. Pete was very obsessed with Chanel during his freshman year; she said he sent her 15,000 text messages. He justified it by saying he was a freshman with a crush, but still such a huge number of texts is very excessive for just a crush. Pete was also watching outside Kappa house the night that Ms. Bean died. He camped out in a bush in front of Kappa house that night, almost as if he already knew the girls would be carrying a body away. Since he was close to the house, that also means he could have had the opportunity to sneak in, set up the shrine, and turn on the fryer. Also, when Pete was talking to Grace later, he specifically mentioned that the body was in the meat locker. This means he knew exactly where the body was hidden and could have easily been the one to steal it and could have known to find additional bodies in there later, like Chanel #2.
• The first known attack from the Red Devil happened the previous April, when Melanie Dorkess’s spray tan was replaced with acid. Coincidentally, the first attack happened during Pete’s first year at the school (He is currently a sophomore). Not to mention, the killer already owned the Red Devil costume at this point. At that point, the attack seemed to be an isolated event because there was not another attack until the next year. It does not seem like the person would need to get a whole costume for just one attack, so it would probably be more likely the person already owned the Red Devil costume and chose it as a disguise for that attack. The only character who already had a reason to own the costume is Pete because he dresses up as the mascot for football games. In addition to already owning the costume, Pete also had a motive to attack Melanie. He already stated that he had a crush on Chanel that year, which would explain why Pete would want to take Melanie out of the way so that Chanel could take over as leader. If Pete is the bathtub baby, he may have noticed that Melanie’s personality seemed very similar to that of Bethany, the Kappa president from 1995 who let his mom die. Chanel’s personality seemed very different back then from what it is now, so maybe Pete thought by allowing Chanel to take leadership, he would be putting Kappa under better rule so that another incident like the bathtub incident could not happen again.
• Let’s not forget that there is already obvious evidence to incriminate Pete. It seems suspicious that nobody has suspected him since Episode 2 (Other than a quick comment by Chanel in Episode 6 that everyone else seemed to ignore) even though there is more evidence suggesting that he is the Red Devil than any other character. He is the only main character already confirmed to own the Red Devil costume. Even if he owns it because he is the mascot, that does not mean he will not use it for other purposes as well. As far as I remember, the show did not say exactly when the baby was born, but Grace said that Pete is exactly the right age to be the baby when he told her his age. This is important because it means that the baby’s age would make the baby a sophomore, since that is what age Pete is. Most of the characters are either freshmen or juniors, so the only people who are the right age to be the baby are Pete and Jennifer. The differentiation between these two comes from one of the other obvious clues about Pete. Whoever the baby is, he or she would have a serious vendetta against Kappa because of the way his or her mother died and on the phone, Gigi said the killings are about revenge. Jennifer seems somewhat indifferent about Kappa so far, she has never really made any comments about Kappa in general and she did not even interact with the sorority at all until Dean Munsch brought her there from the library. Pete, on the other hand, is obsessed with Kappa. He is constantly investigating Kappa and specifically referred to it as evil, yet he never said why he thinks it is evil. However, it makes perfect sense if he is the baby whose mother died because her own sorority sisters neglected her. Even though he cannot join, Pete always seems to be connected to Kappa because the girls he liked, Chanel and Grace, both happen to be members of Kappa. Of all the characters not actually in Kappa, Pete seems to be the one with the most connections to Kappa and he is one of the characters who has openly stated hatred of Kappa. If the baby hates Kappa so much that he or she is killing over it, then it is likely this hatred would come out in his or her actions somehow, as it has for Pete.
• When I say that Pete is the baby, most of you are probably thinking of the obvious flaw to this theory: the baby is female. However, the fact of the baby’s gender is based on one key assumption: Mandy’s word was trustworthy. The show never really gave us any reason to trust Mandy other than the fact that she was present when they baby was born. Even if she knows the true story of the baby’s birth, she may not have really told the true story. Remember, the whole idea of meeting with Mandy was set up by Pete. Pete was the one who researched Mandy and located her trailer house. We do not know how long Pete knew Mandy’s location for, so he could have easily visited her ahead of time and convinced her to lie on his behalf. Mandy would have felt very guilty about the fact that she just left Sophia to die, but Pete may have convinced her she could make up for it by lying to help Sophia’s son stay hidden. If that did not work, Pete knew where she was living so he also could have threatened to kill her unless she lied to Grace about the baby’s gender. If Pete had arranged something with Mandy ahead of time, it would explain her weird behavior toward Grace and Pete. The second Mandy saw them, she knew they had come to ask about the baby from Kappa. Sure, this was the most likely possibility, but she seemed to know it automatically, as if she already knew why they were coming. In addition, Mandy answered the door calmly and let them into her house. This contrasts with her reaction later when the Red Devil came to kill her and she heard a knock on the door, when she answered the door cautiously with a baseball bat. She was so paranoid that she lived in a trailer for twenty years to stay hidden, but for some reason she completely let her guard down when two random college students came to her door. The best way to explain her change in behavior if she already knew that they were coming ahead of time and Pete is the only person who could have told her to expect them. If she lied in her story, it would also explain why the Red Devil killed her quickly afterward. It was too risky that she could go back on her word, find Grace, and tell the true story, so she needed to be killed as soon as she told the first lie. The only two people who knew Mandy’s location were Pete and Grace, so one of them must have been the Red Devil who killed her.
• Pete’s investigation habits also cast some suspicion on him. The fact that he is always working with Grace on her investigation is perfect for him as the Red Devil because he can constantly guide her direction of investigation so that she will never suspect him. His investigation in Episode 7 seemed very out of character with his previous investigation. This is the person who broke into Dean Munsch’s office and tracked down Mandy to discover information about the baby. Grace insists multiple times in Episode 7 that they still need to find out who the baby is, but with the Dean arrested, Pete is suddenly indifferent about the baby. He does not mention once that he wants to know who the baby is and whenever Grace talks about the baby he tries to redirect her attention to the fact that Dean Munsch is the killer. His whole mission was to write an article to expose the evil about Kappa, but all of a sudden, he does not care at all about Kappa’s darkest secret story. This seems really out of character for him, but it makes a lot of sense if Pete really is the baby. Of course he does not want to dig deeper in to the story of the baby because he risks untangling his lie about the baby’s gender and he potentially risks being exposed as the baby.
• The Red Devil’s appearances also link a bit with Pete’s appearances in recent episodes. In Episode 6, the episode where the Red Devil was most active so far, Pete did not appear at all while the Red Devil appeared frequently. On the next episode, Pete is with Grace all episode long and the Red Devil costume does not appear at all during that episode. Not to mention, Pete’s excuse in Episode 6 is so lame. After all the time he spends to investigate with Grace and look for the Red Devil, he is unable to come to a slumber party designed to catch the Red Devil for one night because he needs to study. Couldn’t his studying wait one more day? The next day he randomly texts Grace when he finishes studying so it’s not like he had an immediate test to study for, so why couldn’t he come to the slumber party and potentially find serious clues and just study the next day. The best explanation for this behavior is if he was one of the Red Devils present at Kappa house that night, so he needed to come up with some kind of alibi so that Grace would not suspect him to be there.
• Pete is the only character so far to survive an encounter with the Red Devil without intervention. A few characters have escaped the Red Devil before, but the others escaped for a reason. For example, Zayday escaped the Red Devil by stabbing him with a fork and running while the fork occupied him. When Chad was at the feet of a chainsaw wielding Red Devil, he survived because Caulfield ran over and distracted the Red Devil long enough for the rest of the Dickies to come over. Chanel #5 survived once by escaping while the Red Devil was stuck inside the maze and got away again because the Red Devil ran out of nails and was weaponless. With other characters, there is at least some plausible reason why the Red Devil was unable to kill them. Yet there is no explanation for why Pete survived when the Red Devil knocked him out in Dean Munsch’s office. Pete was unconscious, so he did not fight the Red Devil off on his own, and there was nobody else in the office to intervene. The Red Devil has already killed random characters who were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time, like Shondell and Caulfield, so it does not make much sense that he or she would simply spare Pete when he was actively investigating information that could compromise the baby’s identity in the wrong hands. Usually, anyone who usually crosses the Red Devil’s path is brutally murdered if they do not escape, but for some reason Pete was let go with nothing but a head wound and a threatening note. The most plausible explanation for this is that Pete is one of the Red Devils and one of his partners did not want him to find out too much about the party where he was born. Probably Gigi was the one who attacked him and she may have lied about her involvement in the accident so that Pete would not know she had a role in his mother’s death. If Gigi left Pete in the office with the names, he might realize who she really is, so she had to knock him out and warned him to mind his own business.
• While I am talking about Gigi, I should examine if there is any evidence to link Pete to her phone call. The person on the phone is the same Red Devil she spoke to at the end of Episode 5 because she reiterated her message that “He’s gotta go”. This person is also most likely the baby that was born at the party and Gigi raised because she said it was someone she used to know and love. In addition, she said their revenge had been planned for years and the only character Gig would have been connected to for that long is the baby. Her dialogue in Episode 5 potentially gives away her accomplice’s identity. She told the Red Devil that she had to go because she had a salad date with someone special. Since she does not refer to Wes by name, this means that the Red Devil is someone who knew that Gigi and Wes were dating and would connect Wes to the salad date idea. As of Episode 5 the characters who knew about Gigi’s relationship with Wes were Wes, Dean Munsch, Grace, Denise, Zayday, and Pete. Wes walked into the room while Gigi was on the phone and he did not have his phone out, so she could not have been talking to him. Gigi told the caller she was coming up with a plan to throw the others of their trail and her next step was to incriminate Dean Munsch, she could not have been covering Dean Munsch’s trail by doing that so Dean Munsch was not the person on the phone. The next day, we see Gigi and Grace shopping together, just the two of them. They do not refer to their phone call or their plans with no one else around and Gigi tells Grace about Feather then, but Grace would have already known about Feather if she were the one conspiring with Gigi. Denise has previously had scenes alone with Gigi where neither mentioned anything about working together, which makes it unlikely for them to be the ones in cahoots. While there is not specific evidence to dismiss Zayday, Gigi’s comments about loving the other person and planning for years mean that it was most likely the baby on the phone and Zayday is not the same race as the baby so it cannot be her. This leaves Pete. Pete definitely knew about Gigi’s relationship with Wes because he and Grace walked in on the two of them earlier in the episode and Gigi even described the salad date in that interaction, so Pete would know to make the connection. There have not been any scenes of Pete and Gigi alone together that would show their true relationship and Pete is the correct age and race to be the bathtub baby that Gigi raised. The plan would work particularly well if Pete is the Red Devil because Gigi gave the information about Feather to Grace and Pete was influencing Grace’s investigation all episode long which would explain the plan perfectly. Gigi gave Grace the information and then let Pete help Grace develop the information to incriminate Dean Munsch and then Pete insisted throughout the episode that Munsch was definitely the killer until the bologna sandwich seemingly absolved her and made Feather the suspect.
• Dean Munsch told Grace last episode that she would give her information about the baby in a few days. From the previews, it looks like Dean Munsch is going to be the next target. This makes sense that the Red Devil may try to kill her or at least scare her enough that she will not expose any important information. If this is true, then the Red Devil must be someone who knows that the Dean is going to give information to Grace about the baby. Conveniently, Pete was right there when Dean Munsch told Grace to visit her for information. Dean Munsch even made a specific point that Grace should come alone when Pete was standing right there, which means she does not want Pete present when they discuss the baby. There seemed to be a lot of tension between Pete and Dean Munsch in the mental hospital scene, which could be explained if Pete is the baby and the Dean knows. Dean Munsch probably has some skeletons in her closet, so there could be a sort of agreement that she will not tell anyone about Pete being the baby if he stays quiet about her secrets. In addition, this explains one of Dean Munsch’s previous cryptic remarks when she told Wes that she could guarantee that the killer would not hurt Grace. It does not seem like she is directly involved with the killings so it seems more likely that she knows the Red Devil is someone who would not want to hurt Grace. Other than Wes, the person who would be least likely to hurt Grace is Pete and this would explain why the Red Devil has never really targeted Grace.
Anyway, that is all I have for now. There is so much evidence implicating Pete that I feel pretty certain he will end up being the third Red Devil. I will try to update this theory after future episodes, so make sure to check back later if you enjoyed reading it. :)
submitted by MichaelMyer
to ScreamQueensTV [link] [comments]
2015.05.29 21:55 tabledresser [Table] IamA Porn star by choice.
Verified? (This bot cannot verify AMAs just yet) Date:
2015-05-29 Link to submission
Last updated: 2015-06-02 19:36 UTC This post was generated by a robot! Send all complaints to epsy.
|Questions ||Answers |
|What type of porn do you do, and is it actually an enjoyable profession? Also, what is your best general piece of advice? ||To be honest Some of the women involved can be the nicest people in the world. Example a mother I know who works in the porn industry. I wont give her name because she is quite well known and I don't want to put out her "personal life" But heres something. She has got life insurance. Put trust accounts away for her two children. Has about 1-2 million in the bank. They live an extremely good life helped them all through college etc. While I know a mother who works in a restaurant and if her kid doesn't get the qualifications she wants or go to college he's "out" and I find this to be th ecase. |
| ||Really nice people. Same with the Men. it can be enjoyable. it depends I mean some of the guys are great at sex so yeah it can be fun. But sometimes they are awful but nice guys lol. |
|Hi nice to hear your doing charity work. If you could choose anyone, who would you partner in a dream adult movie? ||Male or female? |
| ||Hard question and will try to choose someone off the top of my head. i'm not a fan of "porn star men" really. the typical guys they get as porn stars just don't do it for me. i'm going to shoot out an interesting one and hear me out. i'm a big fan of gavin degraw and i know how he is with his fans. i've heard that he's quite entertaining in the bedroom, and while he's not the BEST looking of all the guys i could think of, off the top of my head i think i could make a creative and sexy adult movie with him as well as have quite a bit of fun afterwards. |
|Could you choose one from each? ||I have a lot of girls in tv shows that i fancy (emily from pretty little liars, and sophia bush and the girl who plays rachel in one tree hill to name a couple) but it's harder as i dont know much about their real life personalities. maybe thea from arrow, she seems like a fun girl or maybe jennifer lopez or jennifer aniston if we want to go on the high end of "if you could choose ANYONE" |
|Well if I cant have you then it would have to be Jessica Alba for me. ||She is a hottie!. |
|What are the worst and best things to shoot? ||I try to do only things i'd enjoy or find "sexy" nothing i'd be uncomfortable with. Easiest Things to shoot is obviously if your attracted to said individual, basic sex, rough sex is good, Anal sex can be tricky depending on size of said persons member! |
|Why did you include "by choice" in your title? How many of your peers are not there by choice? ||Quite a lot do NOT do it by choice really and keep it as a hidden life style. I can't Actually tell you truthfully the amount of girls I know who have done it signed a release form then begged for it to be taken off. And find it on 1000s of websites. |
|Is signing the form not a choice? ||It's a choice but they wouldn't get paid for said work. Certain girls who are in debt or in need get taken advantage of IE given much less then they should have and sign these forms because they are uneducated. |
|What do you like more on a girl, ass or boobs? ||Depends really! I love a big pair of boobs. I got mine done obviously to 1050CC implants i'm size F'S at the moment going to get them 3 sizes or so bigger. But if the girl is really young looking I really like the ass haha. |
|In your opinion, do you women generally think about sex less than/more than/equally as men do? ||No. I know women who cheat on their husbands and get fucked tons. What pisses me off about them is they'll see a girl showing off a bit of her stomach or legs in a short skirt and they'll go "slut" girls tend to lie more than men on the issue. |
|Would you recommend the adult industry for other people? Why / Why not? ||I'd recommend it to Anyone who is confident enough and it wont effect them. If you can handle it it'll make you some amazing money. But you need to prioritize and use common sense. |
|As a bodybuilder, what's your favorite source of clean carbs? ||I'm dieting at the moment so i'm eating only Green vegetables and protein sources for 2 weeks as a kick start. But my favourite source of clean carbs would normally be oats. |
|Mma or wwe? ||I did a lot of martial arts, and one of my trainers is a big Fighter But I find MMA boring to watch Great to do but boring to watch. |
|Do you take steroids? What kind and how often? ||I did a full post on this for bodybuilding, But yes, I've taken a lot and hardcore ones such as tren, insulin etc. |
|Why tren? ||Holding muscle while burning fat. |
|What do you like most and less being a porn star? Have you ever done anything you didn't agree, but had to? Thanks! ||Best the money. Worst bad hygiene? or just when it's completely dull for a 2-3 hour shoot. Never did anything I didn't agree too. |
|What got you started in to this? What is your story? ||Link to purelifts.com How it all begone. |
|Wow I've never even heard of some of those. Thanks so much!! ||No Problem! |
|What hairstyle(s) on men do you find the most attractive? ||> What hairstyle(s) on men do you find the most attractive? Shaven or short usually. |
|How has your work impacted your social life? ||Just very busy but my training changed it much more, I don't drink etc. |
|What's your favorite James Bond movie? ||Hate james bond. Never understood how anyone could enjoy it. |
|Shocking. Positively shocking. ||I might check out the new one just because Batista is in it! |
|You a wrestling fan or just a fan of batista. ||Wrestling fan but he was good in guardian of the galaxy. |
|What is the most intense sexual act you performed for pornography? How do your friends/family/intimate partners react to your life choice? ||Good friends don't care, Partners have never cared, And family i'm unsure. |
|Did a guy ever rejected to do a porn with you because he didn't like your body/face? And have you ever rejected a guy for those reasons? ||No. Some shoots are paying 1000s no guy/girl is ever going to do that. |
|Porn related? ||Urine/scat would never do it. |
|Can you do a masturbation video for us redditors and post it on pornhub? ||There is already a Masturbation one out there. lol |
|What did you have for lunch last Saturday? ||Chicken breasts and Green veggies :) |
|Yeah but I want one where you say "hey redditors..." ||Haha. |
|Ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat? ||No. No one has ever licked it actually. |
|How common is prostitution in the porn business? ||I'd say about 20% do prostitution |
|OP, why did someone give you gold for that? ||Dunno Maybe i'm just awesome. |
|Wanna' wrassle? ||Maybe! |
|"I commonly do Charity events but not for actual charities instead for individuals who are saving up for life changing operations or to be able to walk again etc." So, you suck off cripples? Good for you! ||Yes. Getting an 8 year old an operation who could not walk eitherwise is completely like that. |
|Do you count the semen ingested in shoots as part of your daily protein intake? ||Haha No. |
|In porn movies men always come. In your opinion what percentage of women fake orgasms with men in movies? What percentage of women fake orgasms with other women in movies? ||70-80% PROBABLY fake it. |
|Hello TheRealTabbyanne! Your post has been removed because you have not provided adequate proof within a reasonable amount of time. Please see the /IAmA sidebar for posting guidelines. Thank you! ||I provided proof. I gave my facebook link and a link to the website I operate on? |
|You need some indicator on your website that you're the owner and currently doing an AMA. Otherwise anyone could post it and pretend to be you. ||I posted on my Facebook account saying that I was typing on Reddit. and posted the Facebook link? |
| ||Link to www.facebook.com |
|Because that's not a verified social media channel - you'll need to do it on your actual website. Alternatively - you could just post a self shot in the top text holding a handwritten sign with "AMA" and the date. Might be easier for you. ||Ok, No problem. |
submitted by tabledresser
to tabled [link] [comments]
2015.04.26 06:55 okizzle Terminus- Chapter 3A
I'm done studying for psychology and lit. So you know what time is it? It's time to d-d-d-d-du-du-du-du-DUEL...Terminal. Again, if you haven't read the previous chapters links are provided below. Link to Chapter 1 Link to Chapter 2 Link to Chapter 3B
I'm going to be short, this is a longer chapter there will be two parts the link to part B will be up soon. Because of this, we will cut to the chase. I'm going to use family friendly language for the most part from now on, and also, the term "Priestess" is VERY FLEXIBLE in the duel terminal world. Also, if you couldn't tell by now, the Italics
are Roach's inner thoughts that allow us to peer into his mind. Whatever, enough of me. Chapter 3A starts! tl;dr
you dont read much do you? Chapter 3- Avance
I have that dream again. Trishula. Shophia. The frozen desolate wasteland. Sophia. Me. Ice, everywhere. I hear a voice. A soft voice calling out my name echoing as the ice consumes me.
“Roach...” the voice calls out, “Wake up, Roach!”
“Ah!” I return to reality. The dream fades to black. Winda is looking over me, her green hair, waving over her shoulder.
“What do you want?”
“Nothing really,” She says, “I’m just upset that you passed out in my house.”
“What of the day is it?”
“It’s the day after tomorrow.”
“What? No way...how long have I been out?”
“About two days.”
“Hmm, seems that I need more rest than I used to... what?” I try to stay calm. I can't, “That’s insane!!! I was out for TWO DAYS???”
“Yes, YOU WERE! Aren't you hungry or something?”
“Never mind that, is there place that I can wash my body?”
In the hive, I would have washed myself in an underground lake. The habits of staying clean seemed to have followed me to this world. I guess there could be worse things.
I stand up and take off the upper half of my armor. Tossing it on her sofa.
“Yeah, there’s a hot spring behind my house.”
“Cool.” Since when do I say that?
“You know,” She looks up and down my body. Her face turns red. “You really shouldn’t get naked in front of me..."
"If you needed different clothing besides that weird looking suit, I would be more than willing to find you some. They’ll be on the counter when I find them!” She darts out the room as fast as she can.
Back in the Hive there was no such thing as nakedness. Everyone "naked", but what is there to see on a naked body? What’s it mean to be naked?
“If you insist...” I say back, hoping that she hears. As I enter the room leading to her spring, Winda peeks in and throws me towel. Again, she leaves the room. From outside I can hear her telling me to wrap it around my hips after I remove my lower garments. Looking around, I see that she has a reflective glass in this room. I glance at my figure again. So I’m human now... *I see something moving. It’s my metallic tail. *Guess I'm not human...
The one reminder on my body of who I once was. It would be hard to hide such a long tail, so I guess I’m stuck with it. I take off the towel and walk into the spring. It warm. Compared to cold underground lakes, this water is feels good. Even if I still did have an exoskeleton, I bet if would feel great. It relaxes me; I let the water sooth me. The day seems stop...until I hear Winda’s voice.
“Hey!” Winda yells at me, “Get out of there, I need your help!”
“I have to go survey the valley.”
“You mean that giant hole in the ground, near where you first found me?”
“Yes, my dad wants me to go. Caam is visiting the Gem-Knight's. I would ask Reeze and Wynn, but they’re already gone for some reason! You’re my last option.”
I look over and give her a smug grin. “What makes you think I’ll say yes?”
Winda smirks and out of nowhere pulls out a bowl of something that smells like soup. What’s soup?
I don't know exactly what it is, but my stomach is smart enough. gruuuuugh...
I guess that two days of not eating has taken its toll on me. The soup smells delicious, my mouth begins to water.
“What’s your answer now?”
‘Yes...” I reluctantly answer, “Let me get out and eat that, then I’ll join you.”
“That’s what I thought.”
We’re walking down that small dirt path again. I notice that we’re pretty much backtracking the way that we came. I’ve adjusted more to this new body, I feel like I’ve lived like this before, in another world. Winda is smiling, like she usually is. Suddenly our gazes meet.
“What do you want?” She says.
“Uh...” I don’t know what to respond with I need somthing random, “wh-who’s the bird?” I point at the small bird that’s always with her.
“His name is Gulldo,” she says as the bird squeaks, “and for your information, he’s more than a bird, he’s my partner.”
“Then, why didn’t you just go with him. Why me?”
She points her staff in my direction. “Do you want to lose that soup?”
Thank goodness she didn’t hit me. That soup was way too good lose. I must have eat about 3 bowls that stuff. Winda continues when she sees I’ve calmed down, “I just needed someone that could fight alongside me.”
“Why?” I ask. She doesn't answer. After some time, we finally reach our destination: The Mist Valley Shrine. When I was still in the hive I heard from Scarab that there are four elemental tribes on the upper world, they all battle for dominance, to see who can control the world. Some areas, like the Mist valley, were sources of incredible magical energy. Whoever controlled an area as such would gain a great advantage if war ever broke out. He also said something about our, the Steelswarm's role, but I don’t recall. I wonder if the Gusto control this entire region?
Winda and I walk around area as she takes notes in a small book. The bird seems know what she’s saying and flies back and forth as we survey the valley.
Then, I feel something, no, someone. Someone else has been following us the entire time.
“What do you mean-”
Out of the corner of my eye I see a ray blue light or water. If it continues, it’s going to pierce through Winda.
Running towards her, I turn to sword for protection; once more, I begin by unsheathing it. I swing my blade in the direction of the projectile, slicing what felt like water. I look to see if Winda and Gulldos are safe. Good, they are.
“No, not now,” She mutters, “why now?”
More and more rays of glowing water shoot at us, but not fast enough. My reflexes take over, I shatter each ray at blinding speeds, leaving only mist. How fitting...
The barrage stops.
“Are you okay?” I ask Winda.
“Yeah.” As she says that, I see a creature from the brush behind us move.
“Winda, THERE!” I yell pointing at the brush in front of us. She immediately fires a ray of green wind energy. Whatever is in there isn't getting out unharmed.
I’m wrong. A small, blue reptilian creature flips out of the bush and onto our path, snarling and twitching. Somehow I know that that monster is responsible for the water beams, but it doesn’t bother me. What bothers me is the other creature that leaps from the brush. It looks like a human male, similar build to my own. He’s wearing a white and gold top. As he stands his cape begins to flutter. Silver hair and blue eyes huh? Quite intimidating.
“Looks like you caught us!” He says, “Vysion, you can stop.” The creature calms down a bit, but I haven’t. Whoever he is, this man is a greater threat than he looks.
I feel someone again, this time, behind us. Looking Winda in the eye I say: “Behind us!”
“Yah!” she yells, as she cast a spell in the direction I'm pointing. A young woman in a blue dress flies out of the brush, taking a direct hit from Winda’s spell. The young woman’s eyes and hair are crimson red. Her dress shares a similar theme to the man’s get up. I can tell she’s hit, but hasn't taken any life threatening damage.
“You didn't-” The man doesn't even finish his sentence. At the moment the red haired girl was hit, he unsheathed his sword and lunged at Winda. I have intersect.
I dash in front of her and crouch just low enough so that I’m in correct position to block the hit.
Our swords clash. SHANG!
Sparks fly off the blades; I can feel his rage and emotion through the sword. “Huuuu-AH!”
Despite being on the lower side of the battle, I muster up the strength and I manage to knock him back about 6 paces, he lands on his feet. Holding my sword in my right hand I use my left hand to remove my helmet from my belt. I slam it on my head and brace myself for his next hit- aimed and me and not Winda anymore. Thank goodness.
As he’s running he lights up and his body begins to transform. A flash of light blue energy and he’s disappeared from my sight. Left!
I spin around just in time and stop his blade with my own. I’m no longer looking at a man, I see a monster, a sea serpent. His eyes glow, and his breath is disgusting. He lands and swing my blade at him. He blocked it?
As we duel, his skill with a blade is undeniable. I hear the red haired girl cry out at him.
“Why did you use your ritual? Why did you transform, Avance?” So that’s his name.
“To protect you!” He yells back.
I turn all my physical resources to only one purpose, to protect Winda and Gulldos.
I’m locked in a deathmatch with this silver haired monster. His sword has an aquamirror on the hilt, that must be where his ritual power comes from. As we fight, I realize that our skills seem to be on par. The battle becomes one of wits, both of us are desperately trying to take the lead and win for the sake of another. Simultaneously we say, almost the same thing at once:
“If you even try to hurt Winda, I’LL END YOU!!!!” “If you even try to hurt Emilia, I’LL END YOU!!!!” Wait, how do I know these things? How do I know what that mirror is? Why does sword fighting come so naturally to me that I can fend off his attacks?
We continue to slash at one another, neither of us gaining ground.
“What’s your deal attacking a priestess?” I yell at him.
“None of that matters now,” Cries back the monster, “You two are dead to me!”
He opens his mouth and launches a breath attack at me. A stream of blue-green energy fires out of his jaws and knocks me into a tree, breaking it in half.
“Roach!” Winda yells out. She runs towards me.
“Don’t!” I scream.
Pain pieces my core. Avance charges in my direction. He’s going to collide with her!
The two crash into each other, but Avance, being much heavier knocks Winda’s small figure away like a rag doll. He continues to run towards me. He has his sword aimed at me, but the worst part is, he is still glowing. Another transformation?
I look over at Winda, Gulldos is circling and panicking around her. I can’t let Winda die, I can’t die, I can’t be beat now...
I look towards Avance, he's moments from running over me. Hold on, a transformation? This is it! This is my chance!
I drop my sword and raise my hand. Stretching each finger, my palm faces him. I look at the beast running towards me.
Though I’m still on the ground, I scream: “NEGATE!!!” A golden light fires from hand and envelops his body and lifts him afloat, stopping him in his tracks.
“Arauuuuuugh!” He struggles to escape, but I have to break his will. I can still feel his rage.
“HAAAAAA!” I stand and I course all energy I have into the light ray. Avance’s serpent body shatters in an explosion of light blue energy. His real body falls to ground with no energy left to move. Did I beat him?
I manage to speak to him. Whatever I just did really drained my energy.
“Your skull is too thick...” I tell him. I know that he’s not dead.
I lower my hand and look at his steaming body, then fall to the ground.
“I could say the same for you....” I hear him say back.
“Let’s call a truce right now.”
“I guess have no choice... Ugh...”
“Yeah... I’m Avance.” Emilia runs over to side.
“Are you okay?” She ask him.
“I lost.” He says. Emilia looks over at me.
“We lost, you have the right to kill us.” That’s just stupid.
I look toward where Winda landed, about 3 paces away. She’s still alive but passed out like two days ago. Guess she can’t take a fall. I stand up and begin walking towards her.
“I’m not going to kill you two; I only wanted to keep Winda safe,”
Gulldos flies and circles over me. I lift Winda and carry her over my shoulder, “I don’t want any more trouble with you, so please, stay away from the Gusto."
“I wouldn’t want to do that again either, Roach.” Avance is still on the ground exhausted from my stunt, “Let me ask you though: Why is a Steelswarm Knight like you helping out the Gusto? I thought you guys were evil fiends that lived underground.”
He points at my crest.
“I’m not a Steelswarm.” I say as I pick up and re-sheath my sword.
“Then what are you?”
Walking away from him I take off my helmet and clip it onto my belt, my gold hair falls down across my eyes.
“I’m Roach, and honestly, I don’t know who the hell I am anymore.” I exaggerate the movement in tail so he notices it. I also turn around looking him in the eye so that he sees my human face. Avance also has someone he wants to protect, I can’t kill a person like him.
“I know you’re a good guy Avance, wouldn’t want to be your enemy.” I say as I walk away from him.
“Right back at you.”
I take the same trail going back to Winda’s home. Gulldos flies ahead of me. We get to her home. I set her on her bed. I remove my armor and put on some of the clothing she had left for me in the morning. I pass out on the sofa. To be continued in [Part 3A] edit
random stuff, including weird link issue
submitted by okizzle
to yugioh [link] [comments]